Sunnyside Rainbow Eggers Thread! *chick pics*

Girls are one month old! This is cause for a celebration!
IMG_20200810_163550.jpg

I'll get individual photos tomorrow

They're so pretty! I love Parsley's little beak with the little black marks. They look like extra nostrils! So cute. Sage looks just like my rir did when he was small. I loved the patterning in Forrest but it faded into plain red at a month and a half. Now he has beautiful reddish- purple and green roo feathers.
It is so exciting to see the chicks grow. :love Basil is stunning.
What kind of bedding did you use in the coop? I remember seeing it from somewhere but I just can't remember where...

They're so pretty! I love Parsley's little beak with the little black marks. They look like extra nostrils! So cute. Sage looks just like my rir did when he was small. I loved the patterning in Forrest but it faded into plain red at a month and a half. Now he has beautiful reddish- purple and green roo feathers.
It is so exciting to see the chicks grow. :love Basil is stunning.
What kind of bedding did you use in the coop? I remember seeing it from somewhere but I just can't remember where...
I use pine pellets in the coop. I really like them. It's so fun to see their colors change as they get older! Pepper looks to be a blue which surprised me. She was so dark when I brought her home. Little Thyme was so light colored I thought for sure she'd be buff but she gets more red every day.

I'm a little late but here's an update! Unrelated: anyone else's birds HATE mealworms? Had chickens most my life and never had any turn down dried mealworms until this group. They love boonworms (bsfl) though. Rosemary is the least friendly but she is (sorta) coming around. She's also the smallest. Part of me wonders if she is pure True Blue. I've heard they are flighty and smaller. I guess there is know real way to know for sure but it doesn't hurt to speculate. She has some beautiful green eyes. Pepper was the darkest chick and now she is turning a beautiful blue. What fun I have with these little ladies.
Snapchat-1339257677.jpg
IMG_20200819_170003.jpg
Snapchat-2123068163.jpg
IMG_20200819_165913.jpg
Snapchat-765234536.jpg
IMG_20200819_170326.jpg
Snapchat-2137455384.jpg
IMG_20200819_170237.jpg
Snapchat-94822961.jpg
IMG_20200819_170049.jpg
Snapchat-13112077.jpg
IMG_20200819_170141.jpg

They are growing up to be so beautiful!

My current batch are NOT fans of meal worms either. I had one hen who would entertain me and eat a few, but now that she's passed none of the younger ones want any and in turn the younger-younger have zero interest. If one snubs something then they all snub it. Such bandwagoners! Now I'm saddled with a 5# bag hoping the next batch will be more adventurous.

Watermelon though. ANYTHING for watermelon.

They are growing up to be so beautiful!

My current batch are NOT fans of meal worms either. I had one hen who would entertain me and eat a few, but now that she's passed none of the younger ones want any and in turn the younger-younger have zero interest. If one snubs something then they all snub it. Such bandwagoners! Now I'm saddled with a 5# bag hoping the next batch will be more adventurous.

Watermelon though. ANYTHING for watermelon.
Oh yes, watermelon 🍉! They'll die for it. And cooked rice. But screw mealworms 🤦🏼‍♀️😂

Back
Top Bottom