Sunnyside Up

Quote:
This is EXACTLY how I like my eggs. I am very particular...the yolk has to be runny but thick runny...for dunking toast in!
I especially love my Egg on toast with cheese:

Cook egg as explained above
Make 2 pieces of toast, buttered (real butter)
Slap a piece of cheese on one slice of toast
Toss the egg on top of the cheese so the cheese melts
Use the 2nd slice of toast to dunk into the yolk
When all the runny goodness is gone I pick up the egg on toast with cheese and enjoy!!

YUM...I think this is dinner
big_smile.png

Yea, thats what I meant, THICK runny, NOT slurped like snot runny! I wont eat them that way. I consider that uncooked. If you dont use grease,then you do need a lid to get the tops done. I just figured being from the south, you probably used some, but it IS better for your health without.
smile.png

Mom is from the south and we fry a LOT more than we should, but at least we now use olive oil instead of the bad stuff. I had to make that concession.
smile.png

LOL Southernchick, thats what we call scrambled eggs.
smile.png

My hubby and I get confused all the time when asking about what either one of us cooked. He fries tomatoes, but when HE fries them, its more like your eggs, all beat up and adding in potatoes, onions, etc. When I say fried tomatoes, I mean like a fried green tomato, darnit! I get excited when he says he fried them, then see this mishmash and think, oh darn!
gig.gif

well.. I guess in Tn South its different.. Or at least on my end..
A egg beaten in a bowl and fried is a scrambled egg...

A sunny side up egg is an egg that hasnt been flipped in the pan when fried and the bright yellow yolk is staring up at ya from the plate...

A fried egg can be over easy where its been flipped and the white and yolk is all kinda watery, over medium where the egg also has been flipped but the white is done and the yolk is thick and runny and over well where the egg has again been flipped but both the white and yolk is completely done, or hard as we call it..

I have one of those toaster that cook the eggs on the side and it's great. Friday I took several dozen of eggs to school the toaster, english muffins, and bread to the teachers lounge for my teacher friends. They loved it!!!

BTW I like my yolk a little runny too
wink.png

jackie

EEWWWW! When we were growing up my grandparents had a farm in Kingstree S.C. My grandmama would send us home with Hog Head Cheese, yuck, we would not eat it and neither would the dog, it smelt like barf!
lau.gif
Is it the same thing?

Back
Top Bottom