Super Easy Crock Pot Apple Butter

well our little apple tree is loaded this year I am already making more put it on last night getting ready to can in about an hour so far from our little tree we have picked 2 bushels of apples we still have about 4 more bushels if not more than that. so i am going to be doing ALOT OF APPLES
wee.gif

Does anyone know if this would work with peaches?

I never got around to thinning the fruit on my dwarf peach and it is LOADED with peaches the size of apricots.
Honestly: they are hanging in bunches like grapes!!!

I picked about 2 bushels and brought them to the pantry I volunteer at, but that hardly made a dent in the crop.
Before I lose what's left on the tree I'd like to try making peach butter.

I also have 2 pear trees that are loaded - pears ripened early this year - and will definitely be tryign this reciep with pears.

(I'll sub ginger & maybe some cinnamon for the apple pie spice as they go well with both pears & peaches)

Last edited:
Quote:
I made it using peaches last week. I kept the spices the same as I didnt have ginger. It took a long long time to simmer down and I finally took it out of the crockpot and put it on the stove. Still tastes awesome though

Thanks, rubyrogue!

Now I'll do my penance for not thinning and have to peel & chop all those itsybitsy peaches
sad.png

But it will soooooo be worth it when I have all those jars of peach butter in my freezer
droolin.gif

Quote:
I'm confused about the freezing part of this...
So i put the hot apple butter in the jars..and then put the lids on tightly? and then put them in the fridge to cool?? then i can freeze the jars?
Wont that make condensation in the jars and ruin the jam??
Help...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom