Super Easy Crock Pot Apple Butter

wink.png
Time to revive this thread! Apples are in. Three trees worth in my backyard as well as a pear tree. I've made one batch, and off to make another.

Quote:
Here where I live, the frost killed off my blooms,
sad.png
No chance for much apple butter this year unless someone gives me some apples. That apple butter was a hit in my home and we are almost out.

Henry'schickens :

Quote:
sad.png
No chance for much apple butter this year unless someone gives me some apples. That apple butter was a hit in my home and we are almost out.

I don't know where in Kansas you live but here is a link to Kansas Apple Orchards. We make a pilgrimage to Waverly Mo every year for apples and pumpkins in the fall! You can't miss making apple butter!!
http://www.allaboutapples.com/orchard/ks.htm

Quote:
sad.png

I don't know where in Kansas you live but here is a link to Kansas Apple Orchards. We make a pilgrimage to Waverly Mo every year for apples and pumpkins in the fall! You can't miss making apple butter!!
http://www.allaboutapples.com/orchard/ks.htm

Ya know,,,,,, The Louisburg Cider Mill is 30 min from here. I guess I could go buy apples there, huh?!?! "light bulb" moment.
Thanks!

not sure exactly where or how far you are from Springfield, MO?? But go about twenty minutes east of Springfield, MO on hwy 60 and you will come to Seymour, MO. Sept. 10th thru 12th is their Apple Festival!!

I love making fruit butters in the crockpot. I can them rather than freeze. I've done Peach Butter already this season. Our pears are just getting ready and we'll buy apples.

All 3 of those butters sell well for us at farmers markets too.

Last edited:
Quote:
This probably asked somewhere in this thread but how many jars should I have for this recipe?. I love apple butter and this sounds sooo easy I just have to try it!

Thx!
frow.gif

Oh YUM!! I would interested to know how many jars I would need too....doesn't sound we will need very many by the time it cooks down.

It cooks down a lot. 5 of those 16 ounce rubbermaid containers, somebody said, or 7-8 of the small jelly jars (I'm assuming 1/2 pint size).

I was sitting at my desk eating a fresh Gala apple when I ran across this--now I can't wait to try it!

Back
Top Bottom