Super Easy Crock Pot Apple Butter

I did use pears someone gave me but I sort of sliced them up rather than chunked them and used the same spices and just didn't cook them as long and then canned them as "preserves". They tasted great! I guess if I had cooked them longer and used my mixer to puree them some they would have made butter, give it a try and test them about midway and if you arent happy with the slices then cook them some more and mix them to a good texture you can spread on toast. Good luck!!!!

This is a great Recipe and I thank you also. My family loved it. Wish I had gotten apples this year. Off of 2 trees I did not get 1 apple.
barnie.gif
to much wind in the spring knocked them all off. Oh well maybe next year.

I have not tried that but I would imagine someone else has, Ozark or Wildsky or Zoo?? Mine went over well, the kids in one family fought over the apple butter!! Made me feel good, lol!!
wink.png

Quote:
It would make it much richer and might or might not turn out right. If you are concerned about using refined sugar, try using the organic unrefined sugar instead. That should keep you on the right track with the apple butter.

Scrambled Egg - Everyone in my family went nuts over the apple butter also! They adults and kids all went crazy over the home made bread and jar of apple butter that I gave them. It seemed to go over even better than the individual store bought gifts I've done in the past. Thought I'd let you know!
smile.png

I think the brown sugar would overpower the apple flavor.

I used brown sugar in my pumpkin butter, but pumkin has a much stronger flavor. Still, it mellowed it out enough that people who HATE pumpkin pie loved my pumpkin butter.

And the brown sugar made the butter quite dark as well.

Back
Top Bottom