Super Easy Crock Pot Apple Butter

don't know as I followed your recipe to a tee.
lol.png
It is the best!!

Quote:
It would make it much richer and might or might not turn out right. If you are concerned about using refined sugar, try using the organic unrefined sugar instead. That should keep you on the right track with the apple butter.

Scrambled Egg - Everyone in my family went nuts over the apple butter also! They adults and kids all went crazy over the home made bread and jar of apple butter that I gave them. It seemed to go over even better than the individual store bought gifts I've done in the past. Thought I'd let you know!
smile.png

Thank you for telling me!!!
hugs.gif
You too Carrie!! Guess it will be a staple on my yearly canning list too since it does consistently make a nice treat!!

Quote:
Guess it will be a staple here also! Thank you for sharing such a wonderful and easy recipe with us all!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
ya.gif

Did anyone try throwing a bag of frozen strawberries in with their batch? Well, March and April here you can get fresh ones but now the frozen ones are it..just wondered if anyone else tried that? I thought it was really good and a nice change.
wink.png

I like that idea Darleen I just bought some apples to make more I will try the strawberries...

EweSheep have you ever tried splenda instead of refined sugar it is supposed to work just as well

Pam

Can I use brown sugar instead of white sugar? In same amount???? Trying to cut back the refined or processed sugar as much as I can!

Uhhh....there is virtually no difference between white sugar and brown sugar. A carb is a carb and sugar, by it's very nature, is a highly refined food. The only non-refined cane sugar is pure cane juice.

If you want a healthier alternative, use erythritol. It is only 70% as sweet as sugar so you will need to either add extra or use some Splenda to get it up to the right sweetness level.​

They make three types of brown sugar, light, dark and regular.
Maybe using the light brown sugar instead of the other two would cut down on the sweetness.

Also has anyone tried making it with Maple Syrup instead of sugar? Might take some testing to get the right amount but also might give it a totally different taste and be good over vanilla ice cream.

How about adding some vanilla extract to the apples?

Just some random thoughts on a cold winter's Saturday.

Thanks for letting me know on the sugar. I didnt like Splenda nor did it agree with me...tasted metallic. Stevia might help but its expensive to get that stuff!

I love apple butter and will be canning some! It looks like this can be done at any time even those apples are on sale for 1.74 for a three lb bag at Aldi's for Red Delicious and Gala apples. I am going to have to really do some peeling and coring going on!

Canning, here I come!

Splenda by itself can be
sickbyc.gif

It is best to blend your sweeteners. Erythritol and Splenda or Erythritol and Stevia work well. And yes, stevia is wicked expensive. I have tried several brands and all I can taste is that horrible licorice taste when I use it alone. Blended, not so bad.

Back
Top Bottom