super super jumbo duel egg

ohiofarmboy

In the Brooder
7 Years
Dec 28, 2012
south west ohio
Today I got my second "super super jumbo duel egg" as I call them. From what I can tell it is two eggs fused together. The last one had three yolks. I know that my hens layed 8 for 8 yesterday so I dont know why it looks like two eggs together. Can anyone figure why this would happen? The one pic is next to a quarter and an extra large egg according to my egg scale. I will email the pics to my computer :( it won't work from my phone.

You should have made a picture of the triple yolker!!!! It's a once in a lifetime type of egg. I had one about 5 years ago and never saw another since then. It is entirely possible for a hen to lay a doubleyolker one day and not the next. Just as usual, keep an eye on the vents to be sure that there are no laying issues as in being egg bound! and that they have ample food and water. And take pics of the next triple yolk!!! Have a great day!

And if you have ability to down load a Government Document which is now historical, this was actually part of the content of this 1908 work by the US Department of Agriculture.... see pages 109 to 117. And the link is http://books.google.com/books?id=XN...y+of+triple+yolker+eggs&source=gbs_navlinks_s

Isn't that so fascinating that you are asking a question that is almost historical!!!
smile.png

Last edited:

Sorry. I could only upload one at a time. This is the one next to the extra large egg and quarter. Those two eggs make the quarter look tiny. I measured the egg and it is 2 3/4 inches long! No way that's fitting in the cartoon!

Last edited:
And here is my rubber egg. It wasn't deflated like this when it was freshly layed but that happened in the fridge. I was really fascinated by its squishyness lol

While I'm on weird eggs here is my double yolker boiled egg. I think pretty cool. Any one else have weird egg pics?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom