superior meat rabbit

Personally, I like the New Zealand. I prefer their temperament to that of the Californians. If white fur is not a priority, there are some other good meat rabbits but I can't remember what they are. Some other rabbit raisers will probably mention them. Another rabbit to consider is the Florida White. They are smaller but they are very meaty and their bones are small. The dressing percentage is excellent.

The best feed-meat conversion ratio goes to the New Zealand. Friers slaughtered at 8 weeks are economical to raise. The Rex is a good meat and fur breed, but only mature pelts are marketable, and for that you need a market for roaster rabbits.

I'm planning on buying 2 NZ on saturday... i also REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want a rex rabbit! im obsessed with their fur!
love.gif

Do rexes still make good meat rabbits if butchered as fryers?

They make good meat rabbits, but if you are raising purely for meat purposes, i would recommend New Zealand. There are tons of colors in the New Zealand breed, so you dont have to own just white rabbits!

They should. Of course, you couldnt sell them at a purebred price or show them, but if sll you want is meat, go on ahead! Many new breeds habe been made by expiraments just like yours.

They should. Of course, you couldnt sell them at a purebred price or show them, but if sll you want is meat, go on ahead! Many new breeds habe been made by expiraments just like yours.
We have a LARGE family... 9 kids! and we just want a good source of meat... im not planning on selling them
bun.gif

Back
Top Bottom