Support a National Wolf Recovery Plan

Are you nuts. I live in a state that brought the wolf back and not the wolf that we had. They brought wolfs that were someone else problem. Then they threw them in a pen together and dispatched any who faught. Hence no Alpha wolfs so the packs of wolves they dropped off here in the UP of MI are really doing damage right down to going into town and killing peoples dogs. Not only that they go into the bear dens in winter and kill the bears, yes even big boars, and eat them. I would really like to get my hands on the idiots that thought that plan up and leave them in the woods with the wolves they were so set on sending here. Sorry to rant but I am a victom of a wolf repopulation plan. Sure wish they would ask the people who really would be effected with these decission not the guys behind a desk.

Not trying to start any fights, but I also would never support this plan. I also live in a state that was a victim of the wolf "recovery" plan. Idaho always had wolves. The ones that were native here were smart enough to stay out of the way. Idaho Fish and Game told Fish and Wildlife Service this and told them we did not want the Canadian wolves released here. FWS did it anyway. The original recovery plan was for 300 individuals in the tri-state area of Idaho, Montana and Wyoming. There are now over 700 wolves in Idaho alone. They are decimating the elk and deer populations here as well as livestock. It amazes me how people who do not even live here can just decide that wolves are good for us and we must have them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_reintroduction

While we are at it, let's reintroduce the grizzly bear to California. After all, didn't it used to be there?

Last edited:
Let me start by saying I love wolves, but there's no way I could sign this. We have a cowherd and I wouldn't wish them on anyone else who is trying to make a living with livestock. I think anyone who signs a petition for something like this should be required to be willing to have wolves repopulated to where they live.....whether it's in the remote mountains or their backyard in the city.....after all, wolf populations once roamed pretty much all over the USA. I wish it were possible for them to be able to live like they once did, but we humans screwed that up for them a lot of years ago.

not a wolf thing, butthe same disaster when they were trying to bring back bears into germany and europe. The had a problem bear family that had no fear of humans and started killing livestock and strolling through towns. Maybe you heard of the two week border crossing chase of Bruno.
I rather help preserve existing endangered wild life such as the Florida panther and limitation on where people can build homes.

No way!!!! Our DNR brought back the wolf here and now there are to many! We are seeing livestock deprivation problems and it will only get worse before it gets better! There are times I fear having my DD's play out in our own yard due to wolves being around! We have seen them in to close to the buildings for comfort!

Back
Top Bottom