Support Group for Abused Duck Keepers

Pics
I’m quite disappointed. We’ve decided we should get four more ducks…. Like why not I already have 12 little wattle butt quackers out there. But the duck rescue near me doesn’t have any suitable females up for adoption right now! I even checked bordering states! Even called the farm stores to see if I could at least get some sexed female ducklings but no 😭 I feel attacked. No one wants me to have more ducks 😭🦆

Maybe post into the rehoming thread?

aren't there still people buying ducklings at Easter who then need to "get rid" of them after the abuse (and muck) begins?

I would check with the shelters again in a few weeks.

Always people who "think" ducklings poo sunshine around and are VERY surprised when something "else" comes out their butts.

a little patience... Your duck is out there.... She/he will be waddling into your garden sometime soon

We did a theme with my last group of young ducks
The blue Swedish drake my daughter named
Captain jack sparrow
His 6 ladies are
Emerald , Diamond , treasure , chest, pearl and s’mores
All things to go with a pirate 😂
I can’t tell treasure and chest apart so they both get called treasure
Here they are
Emerald has a green sheen to her head and green flecks in her feathers you can see in the sun
S'mores is a rare buff Swedish who came from a blue mom and silver dad
My friend doesn’t own any buff ducks so no idea how she got this baby but I was happy to take her :)
Only one to hatch from many eggs

Attachments

• E8E3CD79-443B-4473-B3F3-FCA8085400B8.png
    E8E3CD79-443B-4473-B3F3-FCA8085400B8.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
  • 6C15D95B-F55C-4B17-820E-DED2B1DB98A7.png
    6C15D95B-F55C-4B17-820E-DED2B1DB98A7.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
  • 74625EEF-2D43-43C7-BC93-093F1480A7DD.png
    74625EEF-2D43-43C7-BC93-093F1480A7DD.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
  • A8180388-8C08-4CB9-A287-9CBD18C6DA21.png
    A8180388-8C08-4CB9-A287-9CBD18C6DA21.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 2
Here they are
Emerald has a green sheen to her head and green flecks in her feathers you can see in the sun
S'mores is a rare buff Swedish who came from a blue mom and silver dad
My friend doesn’t own any buff ducks so no idea how she got this baby but I was happy to take her :)
Only one to hatch from many eggs
I am madly in love with that little off-white with blue-grey specks and darker head...

That is MY baby! Give her to me ☺️ or at least send me regular pictures...she is sooooo sweet looking

I am madly in love with that little off-white with blue-grey specks and darker head...

That is MY baby! Give her to me ☺️ or at least send me regular pictures...she is sooooo sweet looking
That’s Diamond
My silver Swedish
She is really beautiful
She came with the buff as they hatched in the sand batch

To add I have some of her eggs in my bator at day 21 today
Maybe you need a few ducklings shipped :)
And the really painful part is we are both on the right side of the Canada-US border... AGHhhh!

But I would need to move somewhere with a bigger lot to dig a bigger pond... (That is by no means a "no" ) but it means it won't be in this clutch.... :) But I will be back to this idea! ❤️

Maybe post into the rehoming thread?

aren't there still people buying ducklings at Easter who then need to "get rid" of them after the abuse (and muck) begins?

I would check with the shelters again in a few weeks.

Always people who "think" ducklings poo sunshine around and are VERY surprised when something "else" comes out their butts.

a little patience... Your duck is out there.... She/he will be waddling into your garden sometime soon
Yes I’ll definitely wait till then. I would love to rescue and help some ducks in need. People don’t understand what type of care needs to go into them. They think they are all cute and fuzzy forever. But they aren’t small forever

Back
Top Bottom