Support Group for Abused Duck Keepers

Pics
random question but what pool do you all use for your ducks? we had 3 plastic kiddie pools but all of them broke over the winter so looking for better options lol
I have 3 kid pools along with 2 fish ponds deeper for diving
With my one pond and my kid pools I added a hole to put a drain and hose
I don’t have to lift to dump until it’s only a little at the bottom
Saves my pools from breaking

Attachments

• A62CFA97-FED9-4B01-90F6-9842116B1091.png
    A62CFA97-FED9-4B01-90F6-9842116B1091.png
    806.9 KB · Views: 2
I have 3 kid pools along with 2 fish ponds deeper for diving
With my one pond and my kid pools I added a hole to put a drain and hose
I don’t have to lift to dump until it’s only a little at the bottom
Saves my pools from breaking
And you just unscrew it to let it drain?
Ooh I need some of those!

Sooo... somehow the "peer pressure" worked😅

Meet little Whilburga!

I wasn't planning on having ducks this morning, but we swung by the store to buy some food and there were ducklings! Even after seeing their cute fluffy butts, I still had no plans on ducks... until I saw this lil one in the corner with a dirty head, unable to walk properly and an arched neck. Long story short, I now have a baby Pekin duck. Any tips??😅

I've started her on niacin, gave her a bath to clean up that head (stuff on her head was rock hard- poor baby couldn't close her eyes!) She is currently sleeping on my lap just being super cute lol
She's been listening to this on repeat for about an hour... if it stops or there's an ad, she SCREAMS until the music starts again. My brother's jaw has now reached floor level

She's been listening to this on repeat for about an hour... if it stops or there's an ad, she SCREAMS until the music starts again. My brother's jaw has now reached floor level

it is fun the way they make their likes and dislikes clear. Hens hide everything, especially pain, but a duck will POUT or SCREAM if it isn't just the way they like. It is easier to understand their needs.

Finished setting up the brooder! The waterers (small ramekins) are coming on Tuesday, so I’m just going to use one of the food bowls for now. They’re very cute cat bowls with a fish skeleton on them. The rubber shelf liners that will go between the baking tray and cooling rack are coming on Thursday, but they aren’t necessary. The washable/waterproof blanket is in the dryer (says to wash before use) and the brooder plate is heating up. I don’t know if I’m going to keep the blanket and duck stuffed animal in there full-time. Probably just for pics and holding them. Also set up my camera and cleared a space on my desk for pics. Going to try to take daily ones. They’re going to look like ants in there for like a day because the pool is so big. Im resisting the urge to name one balut. They come on either Monday or Tuesday, and I’m ready for them! I talk a lot.
1679877163351.jpeg

we've just used kiddie pools the past 4 years too but lately they've been breaking so fast (also lifting them to dump them out isn't fun lol)
I have a large Fortex black rubber container that holds at least 4 ducks at a time. I got it free when I rescued 2 Rouen Ducks from my Boss to go with my others. I think it came from TSC. I also use a large big white rubber dish pan that they can get into. They are very happy with both of these and they do not break. They are made of rubber but I remove them in the winter as the water would just freeze anyhow.

Finished setting up the brooder! The waterers (small ramekins) are coming on Tuesday, so I’m just going to use one of the food bowls for now. They’re very cute cat bowls with a fish skeleton on them. The rubber shelf liners that will go between the baking tray and cooling rack are coming on Thursday, but they aren’t necessary. The washable/waterproof blanket is in the dryer (says to wash before use) and the brooder plate is heating up. I don’t know if I’m going to keep the blanket and duck stuffed animal in there full-time. Probably just for pics and holding them. Also set up my camera and cleared a space on my desk for pics. Going to try to take daily ones. They’re going to look like ants in there for like a day because the pool is so big. Im resisting the urge to name one balut. They come on either Monday or Tuesday, and I’m ready for them! I talk a lot.
View attachment 3445374
it is so exciting :)

keep the picture of how clean everything is... you'll need the picture, you won't believe it was ever clean after the first few days...

i keep watching this :) so adorable... birds love music. I play Lullaby Baby playlist on Spotify in the coop, calms everyone down... they don't even fight about who sleeps where when i do

Back
Top Bottom