Surehatch model 90 - comments please

MammaHen

Songster
11 Years
Apr 16, 2008
Knysna, South Africa
I have just ordered a Surehatch model 90 incubator and was wondering if anybody else has one of these - I would really appreciate your comments on it. My DH reckons I didn't do enough research and that its going to be a dud especially cause its not an automatic turner, but its the only one I can afford right now. I am so excited I can hardly contain myself.
ya.gif
Never thought hatching a couple of chicks would be such an almightily exciting and overwhelming prospect...Sheesh I must really get out more! I think everybody thinks I've gone nuts. At least I know theres more than a couple of people on here that know what I'm on about......

Hi gabrielle1976. So glad you asked as I haven't the faintest idea of how to post a link! So before anybody else gets onto this thread, tell me quick! Ssssh...

I dont know ether I have no computer related savvy , I just pretend I do. Maybe try copy and past but I really am not shure.
Tell me more about youre bator what store or website did you get it from , how many eggs does it hold, is it table top or cabnet style. ect

Nvm
I went and found one on the inter net I have a few comments the first being that it looks like a really good price for a table top with fan and turner you cant get any around here for that good a price as far as I know.
Second is it reminds me of the homemade chic chick bator .. kinda coolerish looking.
Have you hatched anything befor?

wee.gif
YEHAAA I'm not the only one. Thats just fabulous! Okay, Its made by the same company that distributes Hovabators, GQF and Dickey, so I thought you guys might be familiar with it, but it looks like its probably made locally which is even more worrying.(Please don't tell me that my DH is right...) It is made of polystyrene adn sits on the counter. Here's the rest...

The Surehatch Model 90 egg incubator is the ideal egg incubator for breeders wanting to incubate chicken eggs, duck eggs, quail eggs, pheasant eggs, guinea fowl eggs and parrot eggs.

The Surehatch Model 90 incubator is very popular amongst breeders who would like to incubate eggs on a smaller scale. The incubator does not need to be filled with 90 eggs in order to work. You can put fewer than 90 eggs in at a time. There are many other benefits when buying this egg incubator.

Ova-Easy
00ae.png
Semi-automatic egg turning (Eggs are turned by simply tilting a tray by hand twice per day. Eggs need NOT to be turned individually. When tilting the tray all the eggs will turn. This process takes about 60 seconds)
Ac-Q-Temp
00ae.png
Electronic thermostat – Extremely accurate incubation temperature control
Turbo-fan for constant air circulation – Ensures optimum airflow over eggs inside incubator. No more uneven heating of eggs or so-called “hot-spots”
Incubator controls its own humidity – simply add water
Glass thermometer – constantly monitor the incubation temperature from the outside
Observation window – Observe how the eggs hatch inside the incubator
Full incubation instructions – Become an expert from day one. Simply follow the easy steps and achieve great incubation results.
Incubator is compact, easy to operate and lightweight
Incubator is made from durable Tough-Styrene
00ae.png
industrial grade polystyrene.
Excellent insulation properties , low on electricity and can go without electricity for up to 2 hours in the case of a power outage.
Easy to disinfect and clean – Incubator can be rinsed out. This ensures that the incubator remains hygienic thereby achieving better incubation results.
2 Year Limited Surehatch Warranty on all the spare parts of the incubator
Incubator Dimensions : 35 cm x 35 cm x 60 cm. (10 inch x 10 inch x 20 inch) 220V AC Single phase 80 Watt
Weighs only 3 Kg (7 Lbs.)
The Surehatch Model 90 is our most popular egg incubator for hobbyists and first-time users.

It is a durable and user friendly incubator that will give you excellent incubation results!

Normal price: US $150.00 (R1500.00)

Special Discount Price: US $99.00 (R995.00)

I wish I could get one of those here <I jsut found a web page on them is all> the shipping if they would even ship one to me would be
th.gif

But it sounds like a pretty good little bator.

What is the R stand for after they us doller price?

Back
Top Bottom