Surgery tomorrow...i do NOT handle this stuff well!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by luvmychicknkids, Apr 16, 2012.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I just needed one more venue to freak out! I have exhausted all my IRL ones! LOL I am having surgery tomorrow afternoon. Normally I handle everything well and everyone thinks I am so strong...blah...blah

Well, being put to sleep is my #1 fear. A real, genuine phobia. I have panic attack, nightmares, crying spells. This has been fairly continuous for the past week. And now it's time.

This is actually a fairly major surgery. They are still trying to fix the damage done when I had my 4th son 18 months ago. I am not terribly afraid of the surgery, the healing afterward, any pain...no biggie, I am tough. Being put to sleep, on the other hand, turns me into a worthless, gelatinous blob!

There has to be someone out there besides me who feels this way? It makes me feel like I am losing my mind! *sigh*

Anyway, that's all. Just needed to vent! Had to give my poor hubby a small break! :)

2. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    I'm sorry. I'm sure this isn't easy. I hope it goes well. And I'm sure it will. Being put to sleep for everyone is probably scary your not the only one :)

3. geepy

geepy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    central FL
    Bet your dream about chickens while your out. [​IMG] Everything will be fine. Good luck.

4. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Thanks guys! And LOL that would be a great thing to dream about! :) well, that and my precious gosling, Gretchen! :)

5. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Well, I'm putting off a surgery for the same reason. I've never been 'put under,' childbirth was without meds, wisdom teeth taken out with a local only. My Mom has HORRIBLE reactions to being put under and I am in no hurry to see if I inherited that trait.

I am NOT in any hurry for being put under, and, since the dr. said it wasn't a have to do now surgery, I'm waiting. lol

I hope your surgery goes well and you have no issues at all. :)

6. RHRanch

RHRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] it will be okay. If it helps, the experience is as if it is instantaneous. One minute you are about to be put under and then half a second later, Bam! you are awake! They will give you something to help you relax first and that will help you a lot.

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I had that fear and now I embrace it.....take a deep breath and count.............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz lights out!

8. I have a huge phobia of being put to sleep! When i broke my arm a few years back, when i was put to sleep, i had a horrible dream. And then the three times when i had to get my teeth pulled to make room for more. Thats at least 4 times being put to sleep XP I know your fear, i understand it. Just be stong!!

9. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Thanks a bunch guys! Well, it is over and I am awake! Sore as can be, but wide awake! I really appreciate al the kind words! Now to heal! :)

I am glad to know that I am not the only person THAT afraid of being put to sleep! :)

10. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Glad you are on the mend

Imp

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by