Surgery tomorrow...i do NOT handle this stuff well!

luvmychicknkids

Canning Squirrel
11 Years
Mar 6, 2008
Floresville, Texas
I just needed one more venue to freak out! I have exhausted all my IRL ones! LOL I am having surgery tomorrow afternoon. Normally I handle everything well and everyone thinks I am so strong...blah...blah

Well, being put to sleep is my #1 fear. A real, genuine phobia. I have panic attack, nightmares, crying spells. This has been fairly continuous for the past week. And now it's time.

This is actually a fairly major surgery. They are still trying to fix the damage done when I had my 4th son 18 months ago. I am not terribly afraid of the surgery, the healing afterward, any pain...no biggie, I am tough. Being put to sleep, on the other hand, turns me into a worthless, gelatinous blob!

There has to be someone out there besides me who feels this way? It makes me feel like I am losing my mind! *sigh*

Anyway, that's all. Just needed to vent! Had to give my poor hubby a small break! :)

WingingIt

Songster
10 Years
Apr 16, 2009
Well, I'm putting off a surgery for the same reason. I've never been 'put under,' childbirth was without meds, wisdom teeth taken out with a local only. My Mom has HORRIBLE reactions to being put under and I am in no hurry to see if I inherited that trait.

I am NOT in any hurry for being put under, and, since the dr. said it wasn't a have to do now surgery, I'm waiting. lol

I hope your surgery goes well and you have no issues at all. :)

RHRanch

Songster
8 Years
Jul 29, 2011
San Diego, CA ~ 30+yrs of Poultry
My Coop
it will be okay. If it helps, the experience is as if it is instantaneous. One minute you are about to be put under and then half a second later, Bam! you are awake! They will give you something to help you relax first and that will help you a lot.

chloezoebob101

Songster
8 Years
I have a huge phobia of being put to sleep! When i broke my arm a few years back, when i was put to sleep, i had a horrible dream. And then the three times when i had to get my teeth pulled to make room for more. Thats at least 4 times being put to sleep XP I know your fear, i understand it. Just be stong!!

luvmychicknkids

Canning Squirrel
11 Years
Mar 6, 2008
Floresville, Texas
Thanks a bunch guys! Well, it is over and I am awake! Sore as can be, but wide awake! I really appreciate al the kind words! Now to heal! :)

I am glad to know that I am not the only person THAT afraid of being put to sleep! :)

Top Bottom