Surgery tomorrow...i do NOT handle this stuff well!

luvmychicknkids

Canning Squirrel
11 Years
Mar 6, 2008
Floresville, Texas
I just needed one more venue to freak out! I have exhausted all my IRL ones! LOL I am having surgery tomorrow afternoon. Normally I handle everything well and everyone thinks I am so strong...blah...blah

Well, being put to sleep is my #1 fear. A real, genuine phobia. I have panic attack, nightmares, crying spells. This has been fairly continuous for the past week. And now it's time.

This is actually a fairly major surgery. They are still trying to fix the damage done when I had my 4th son 18 months ago. I am not terribly afraid of the surgery, the healing afterward, any pain...no biggie, I am tough. Being put to sleep, on the other hand, turns me into a worthless, gelatinous blob!

There has to be someone out there besides me who feels this way? It makes me feel like I am losing my mind! *sigh*

Anyway, that's all. Just needed to vent! Had to give my poor hubby a small break! :)

Bet your dream about chickens while your out.
lol.png
Everything will be fine. Good luck.

Well, I'm putting off a surgery for the same reason. I've never been 'put under,' childbirth was without meds, wisdom teeth taken out with a local only. My Mom has HORRIBLE reactions to being put under and I am in no hurry to see if I inherited that trait.

I am NOT in any hurry for being put under, and, since the dr. said it wasn't a have to do now surgery, I'm waiting. lol

I hope your surgery goes well and you have no issues at all. :)

hugs.gif
it will be okay. If it helps, the experience is as if it is instantaneous. One minute you are about to be put under and then half a second later, Bam! you are awake! They will give you something to help you relax first and that will help you a lot.

Thanks a bunch guys! Well, it is over and I am awake! Sore as can be, but wide awake! I really appreciate al the kind words! Now to heal! :)

I am glad to know that I am not the only person THAT afraid of being put to sleep! :)

Back
Top Bottom