Surprise box

jesslynne

In the Brooder
Apr 19, 2017
E3A53B7C-16B5-4561-87D7-2459811EEC7E.jpeg
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me identify a few of my chicks that I received in a rainbow layer/rare breed surprise box. I received 15 and have figured out what breed most are but these ones I’m not 100%. So many chicks look the same!

Easter Egger, production red, cuckoo Marans, Speckled Sussex, and CA White.

ETA: just realized you said rare as well as rainbow. Changing#1 to Silver Phoenix.

Thanks! I was thinking the same except for the first one, I have no idea what she is. I thought maybe a Hamburg also but she has a single comb and yellow legs...

Thanks! I was thinking the same except for the first one, I have no idea what she is. I thought maybe a Hamburg also but she has a single comb and yellow legs...
It's just really hard to tell from chick down and baby legs. And then add in that comb types aren't necessarily clear or correct (lots of singles pop up where they aren't desired!)

Oh, and depending on where you got them, the last one could be Austra White or exchequer Leghorn, too. You know, just to further confuse things. :lau I suggested the more common one for a layer pack but the rare thing throws a wrench in the works.

Back
Top Bottom