Surprise chick! Can you help me?

MeghanFaith

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 4, 2013
D.gif
I would like help to figure out what breed and possibly what gender my surprise chick is?
Okay my order came in today from www.healthychicksandmore.com. I ordered them March 3rd and they emailed that they would ship on March 6th, well first thing this morning PO called and they were here! I have to say that was fast and I really liked dealing with this company. =)

Okay so they had a promotion : For a limited time! Receive a FREE chick from our rare breed collection! Here are the chickens offered in their rare breed collection:
Araucana/Ameraucana,
Black Giant---probably not
Partridge Rock,
Golden Laced Wyandotte,
Silver Laced Wyandotte---probably not
Speckled Sussex
Buff Orpington----don't think so...
and Brahmas.

Anyways here is my free gold chick that I received with my order of barred rock pullets
yippiechickie.gif

Sorry, I really didn't know I had something on my shirt until this photo!

I also have a feeling it's a he. I suspected the company probably has less demand for roosters and this would be a good way to get them out. Also looking a another forum for sexing speckled sussex his coloring is more blurred and he is also bigger than my other chicks and more bossy. It could just be a breed trait though so I can't be sure till he grows up!
yippiechickie.gif
If it is a he that is fine with me we don't have any laws about roosters that I know of.

Back
Top Bottom