Survey, how many chickens do you have? and have room for?

Right now I have 31, which consists of 1 cornish/rock x roo that is 5 y/o, 3 BR Hens, 2 ameracaunas, blue cochin bantam, white laced red cornish bantam roo, splash OEGB, and 22 babies - 2 speckled sussex, 2 standard blue cochins, 3 frizzle cochin bantams, one feathered footed baby with five toes on both feet, the rest are cochin bantams and cornish bantams ( supposed to be some white laced reds and blue laced reds). I can legally have 200, I have 2 tractors, 1 cage, 1 crate, 2 playpen/runs, but most free range

I currently have 65 chickens and 5 Turkey's with no more room until I get off my keester and build the extra run's i want.

I have 18 hens with room for two more. My hens would probably be happier if there were only 12.

I'll be culling the hens that aren't laying next month.

I have a bit over 100, and have room for many more. Well, room in the barn, but not in my wallet
lol.png

Mine all free range and let themselves in and out though!
wink.png

I started out 6, then added 5 more and then added 21 more. Hehehehe I have 32 with room in the coop to comfortably house 40. They get free range time in the afternoons and they have tractors and the run is being built. They are only inside at night and they all are spoiled and happy girls (and my one Roo).

My little flock is mixed...1 Lt. brahma, 2 Cochins, 2 RIRs, 1 NHR, 4 SF, 4 Golden Buffs, 8 BA, 1 GLW, 1 SLW, 1 PR, 4 EEs, 2 BO and 1 of something else...LOL

Last edited:
i have 6 penned, and about 40-50 running around on the yard.. since im in the country with LOADS of space.. could probably put couple hundred on the yard if i wanted to. or those raise.. i usually sell the ones that hatch off the yard though because i dont use them... Pen space wise. if i put only 2 chickens in each pen (which i plan on doing.. .for breeding purposes, ) I would guess about 300 chickens

-Daniel

Well if we figure at 4sq ft each I can fit 42.5 chickens in what I'm using for a coop. I have 11 and a dozen eggs left in the bator. There are various other buildings I could use as well if I wanted.

Back
Top Bottom