Survey, how many chickens do you have? and have room for?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by redoak, Oct 16, 2008.

1. We have about 90 and can handle about 30 more. Started off just wanting a couple, 2 maybe 3, and look where we are at now. IT"S AN ADDICTION I TELL YOU!!!!

2. Dash Riprock

Dash Riprock Songster

Sep 27, 2008
    Northeast GA
    We have 6 and I want to get at least 4 more. We have room in the coop (My storage shed) for probably 25 birds....I live in the city limits and am limited to 12 birds max with no Roosters. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dash

3. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Let's see, 13 ducks, 13 roos, 4 Coturnix Quail, I'm not sure how many hens,, but I have more acres than birds so I'm good.

4. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Crowing

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    200+ I am at capacity.

5. KellyHM

KellyHM Crowing

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    My coop has room for about 25 birds. I have 7 that live outside right now and 11 more in the brooder (and more in the incubator). Some of them are banties though. And I have another "coop" sitting outside that I can fix up if I need to.

6. Frizzledhen

Frizzledhen Spear Gunnin' Coons

Feb 17, 2007
    Michigan
    I have 49 chickens right now and room for 132 standard chickens. I love my banties and that means I could have a lot more than 132.[​IMG]

7. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Crowing

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I have a big barn. Each room is 20 x 25 more or less. I have 5 rooms and a stall area. The barn was built in 1915 and was a commercial laying house. It looks ugly and unpainted but we'll get around to fixing it up one day. My house is more important.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=57858

Let's just say I have alot of chicks and chickens and poultry in general. [​IMG]

8. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Songster

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    We've got 28 Buff Orps, 3 Easter Eggers, 6 Guineas and an Eastern Turkey in our barn. It holds about 50 birds, so I have some room... but we've got plans for more coops [​IMG]

ETA-- My bad, I have 4 Barred Rocks in the brooder too.... [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  9. L&Schickens

L&Schickens Songster

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    I have 53 currently. 49 chickens and 4 peas. (And several pigeons and doves also.) I have more then I have cage space for. I let my most crowded chickens out for most of the day though. I am building another covered cage now for the bantam RIRs and I plan on letting the Seramas, sebrights and Bantam Phoenix out to be free range permently after I get a shock collar for my dogs. [​IMG] I have the room, just not the protection of cages for them to be nicely spread out at night and in the morning before I let them out. [​IMG]

10. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    I lost track, but somewhere around 100. I have way more room, but there is a very large man glaring at me in the way of filling the other acre with chickens. [​IMG] (love you dear! [​IMG] )

But currently we have an 8x8' layer coop with surrounding pen, a 12x24' breeder pen housing 5 breeds of chickens, chukar partridge, and 3 breeds of quail. A turkey pen, with Thanksgiving for the next three years in it, 2 duck pens, and 5 rabbit hutches. I am officially out of room until a) I sell some birds (soon!) or b) we eat some birds or c) Spring. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: