Survey, how many chickens do you have? and have room for?

We have 6 and I want to get at least 4 more. We have room in the coop (My storage shed) for probably 25 birds....I live in the city limits and am limited to 12 birds max with no Roosters.
sad.png

cool.png

Dash

My coop has room for about 25 birds. I have 7 that live outside right now and 11 more in the brooder (and more in the incubator). Some of them are banties though. And I have another "coop" sitting outside that I can fix up if I need to.

I have 49 chickens right now and room for 132 standard chickens. I love my banties and that means I could have a lot more than 132.
gig.gif

I have a big barn. Each room is 20 x 25 more or less. I have 5 rooms and a stall area. The barn was built in 1915 and was a commercial laying house. It looks ugly and unpainted but we'll get around to fixing it up one day. My house is more important.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=57858

Let's just say I have alot of chicks and chickens and poultry in general.
big_smile.png

We've got 28 Buff Orps, 3 Easter Eggers, 6 Guineas and an Eastern Turkey in our barn. It holds about 50 birds, so I have some room... but we've got plans for more coops
big_smile.png

ETA-- My bad, I have 4 Barred Rocks in the brooder too....
tongue.png

Last edited:
I have 53 currently. 49 chickens and 4 peas. (And several pigeons and doves also.) I have more then I have cage space for. I let my most crowded chickens out for most of the day though. I am building another covered cage now for the bantam RIRs and I plan on letting the Seramas, sebrights and Bantam Phoenix out to be free range permently after I get a shock collar for my dogs.
tongue.png
I have the room, just not the protection of cages for them to be nicely spread out at night and in the morning before I let them out.
wink.png

I lost track, but somewhere around 100. I have way more room, but there is a very large man glaring at me in the way of filling the other acre with chickens.
tongue.png
(love you dear!
smile.png
)

But currently we have an 8x8' layer coop with surrounding pen, a 12x24' breeder pen housing 5 breeds of chickens, chukar partridge, and 3 breeds of quail. A turkey pen, with Thanksgiving for the next three years in it, 2 duck pens, and 5 rabbit hutches. I am officially out of room until a) I sell some birds (soon!) or b) we eat some birds or c) Spring.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom