Survey, how many chickens do you have? and have room for?

I have room for 20 in the set up as it is now and I have 10 chickens and 1 duck. We have room to put up a few more sheds and runs in the future when we retire and no longer have the horse. At present the number we have is just right!

We have 4. Our coop can hold about 20 chickens max, but I'd halve that number to house them comfortably. I'm tempted to introduce 2 more, but I'll wait for these ladies to pass their laying prime before introducing two new friends for them, to keep our egg numbers up.

I have 24 chickens in a 14 x 12 coop with a 12 x 30 run. DH thinks I have alot of chickens, but I think I am at 50% capacity. That's why I have 9 eggs in the 'bator and I am taking DD chick shopping after her homeschool co-op, today.
Yep, I am addicted!
yippiechickie.gif

I have 18 pullets/hens and 1 roo in my standard coop/run, which can hold 30 max. I have about 10 juvies in a separate section waiting to grow up and move into the big girls coop.

I have 13 bantam pullets/hens and their coop/run can hold 25 max. I have some week old bantams in the brooder that might eventually move in.

I also have a mini coop and run that will house a broody w/ babies or a breeding pair in the Spring.

My duck house has 8 occupants and that is probably all it will hold.

Last edited:
I've got 32 chickens (does anyone want any roos? lol) and a pair of ducks. I've got another acre to build on, and plenty of scrap lumber and tin sheeting. I've just got to get the motivation to go build another coop. Maybe the new chicks hatching will motivate me, lol.

I hope my wife doesn't read this. I tell her that the chickens don't like to be counted and could stop laying. I have 2 roosters, 17 hens, 12 pullets and 13 chicks.

Last edited:
Quote:
that is so weird! i have 8 hens and 4 roos too! (if you count my chick Mandy a cornish x rock then i have 8 hens 5 roos. but hey, close enough!"

I have 12 and could keep 60 easily. But I want to stagger my arrivals so I never have a flock the same age. The hens I keep are all 20 weeks old and when they're 2 or 3 I'll begin another as egg production drops off...but they get to stay!
lol.png

I have 10 outside (1 special needs chicken in the house) with room for at least 5 more, but I am personally at my limit for what I can take care of properly. I could probably get a couple more and be just fine but 10 eggs a day is a lot of eggs! I'm building them a bigger coop and run next summer, but that is only because I want them to have more room. I spoil them terribly
smile.png

My husband thinks I have 11 too many
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom