Surviving Another Depression.......What Would We Need?

beer and wine and lots of it

maybe some t.p.

flour
sugar
coffee

sheesh I dont know I will ask my folks what that had for Y2K they had their entire 2 car garage filled with stuff, us kids used it as a super market for months after nothing happened.
it was great, go to moms house, do laundry, and shop for supplys in the garage!

That is actually why we got chickens!!!!! Figured, if nothing else we would have plenty of eggs, and If we HAD to, chicken.

We also got a couple cows...

Water.....definately number one.

Wood burning stove like a Ben Franklin which you can cook on.

Kerosene lamps and of course kerosene.

Gas

Canned veggies.

Soap

Generator for pumping water......we have a well.

Soap

For me........COFFEE POT which I can use on the BF stove.

Chickens!!!

Maybe a Goat?

OK.....Tell me what I missed.

big_smile.png
That t.p. reference is funny, when I was a kid my dad always said we were allowed 1 square of t.p. to use for each bathroom visit ! Ack this was the result of him growing up during the depression, which he never forgot, and was imprinted on him for the rest of his life. (and mine)

I learned about not wasting anything...but I'm normal, really, I buy 1000 sheet rolls of t.p. and don't complain that it's not super soft. (!?) Those rolls that boast softness are only 500 to 750 sheets to a roll, or something.
lol.png
talk about waste.
tongue.png

Just learn to conserve and use sparingly, we can do it!
smile.png

canning lids and seeds for next years garden
oil lamps and oil
cooking oil, I read today that olive oil will last for two years.
peanut butter
yeast
a old cookbook with recipes from the depression or from 30's to 50's.
salt
vinager

Sheep!

Spinning Wheel
_____________ To make your own wool sweaters, mittens, scarves, hats, socks, etc. out of.

Hand Washer and Wringer (We're planning on getting one for our tackroom to clean horse things in)

A sewing machine, and a stockpile of fabrics....

Seeds! Seeds for several years of garden, if you can properly store them.

Canning supplies.

Batteries

a year's supply of anything you are addicted to, like if you are used to eating a chocolate candybar once a day, you better stock up. Cigarrettes if you are used to smoking them, unless you plan to quit cold turkey!! that will be rough, too.

Cast iron cookware, incase you have to cook over open fires.

Non perishable foods.

Animal feed.

Toilet Paper...and when that runs out, use tree leaves...big ones like Maple leaves..watch out for poison ivy.

Sugar and flour. Honey! When the sugar runs out you can sweeten with honey.

Learn to bake bread if you don't already know. Stock pile Peanut butter...it has a long shelf life.

Buy canned foods.

Back
Top Bottom