Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    My second New years resolution is to have more chickens than I did last year!!!!

1 person likes this.
  2. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    [​IMG] lololololol

1 person likes this.
  3. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    Good resolution, I have every faith that you can do it if you put your mind to it! :)

4. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

I know exactly how that cat feels!

We went to Togo. Spent about an hour up there trying to plow the drive. it appears some people have been driving down the road a few snow falls ago. The snow was frozen hard pack tracks. I went about a 1/4 mile in and tried to get the road plowed. I just could not touch the snow with the ATV plow it was frozen solid.

I should have taken the Bobcat like I originally planned. Even so the chore would have taken a few hours. The drive is 2 1/2 miles long. Goes through woods and swamps.
    I tried just going through the snow, but even my f350 4x4 got stuck. I managed to get unstuck without too many nasty words.

The snow was a good foot and half to 2 feet deep. I was amazed as the DNR snow depth said 4-8 inches.

So we turned around and drove home.

I have a craigslist story to relate later, after more coffee,,,,,

Kloppers I am waiting until tomorrow to set the eggs, that way they will hatch on a Saturday and my wife likes to watch chicks hatch.

5. holm25

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    Ralph on the way to the cities I saw a sign that said Togo!!!!

6. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

Ho did you get from where you live to the cities and see a Togo sign? I think you took the Loooooong way there.

7. holm25

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    We took highway 10.

1 person likes this.
  8. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

I am thinking you were sniffing glue again, I can not think of anywhere on hwy 10 there is a Togo sign.... You have to be within about 4 miles of Togo to see a sign, I think.

9. willzpapa

willzpapa Papa Santee

Sep 26, 2015
    Hillbilly Heaven NC
    I know I don't show up much but I wanted to wish y'all a happy and prosperous new year ,Ralphie sorry for your family tragedy my prayers are with y'all that y'all receive the peace that passes all understanding

1 person likes this.
  10. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

Thanks,, and thanks to all of you, my DIL appreciates it. She is really having a rough time with this. Her Mother and Father being divorced makes this harder on her, She does not have the "other" parent to lean on during these time. Her mother tries but it is not the same because of the bad blood between them (it has mellowed but is still there).

May this year be the best year all of you have ever had!

And may we actually have a Minnesota BYC get together...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by