Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    I think the term is sniffing paint... lol I will get a picture of it when I go to Minnies!!!

2. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
  3. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Happy new year chicken people.

New Year's Eve party fun. The Telestrations game was a hit. God we laughed so hard. It did after a few glasses of wine and beer and cocktails degrade to lower forms of artistry.

Holm I like your New Years resolutions. Ralphie sorry Togo was a bust. That packed snow is a PITA. DH does a driveway for some people that come up twice a year and the snowmobiles love that road. Even the v-plow has a hard time banging it out.

May your 2016 be blessed all.

1 person likes this.
  4. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop

5. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

No one is allowed to mention this to my bride!

I have her convinced I need a new V plow! ( of course, she said used, but I am sure that was in error.)

6. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    It is lines like this that make me know how you really feel about Judy behind all your joking :)

With that big house check in the mail you should have no issue getting one put on your truck!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  7. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    Thanks!! She is 1/2 highland 1/2 hereford. [​IMG]

8. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    Well the answer is 5... 5 full loaders of chicken litter scooped today! look at that pile of shi..... stuff
    [​IMG]

It is actually suprisingly nice out! After shoveling poo i took my dogs for a nice hike in the snow. By the time all this was said and done and i came in for late lunch i am drenched in sweat. hard to dress well for physical labor in the cold. I also spent some time hanging with my chickens

Check out Betty White and her flockmates getting it done in the dust today. I need to get some fresh tubes of sand and set up a dust pit for my other coop. with the wet start to winter their sand pile is froze solid.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finally for some cuteness, my dear wife forgot her lunch bag this morning (she didnt take the holiday off) so i sent her this picture of our pooches 'holding it hostage' :)
    [​IMG]

9. Rhetts

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    A BYC Minnesota get together would be so awesome!! I hope we can!

1 person likes this.
  10. Rhetts

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    Someone or someones here on this thread said something ages ago about buying a bag of organic was it peat moss? or something like that from menards for the girls. Was that for dust bathing or something else or am I totally not remembering things correctly at all?

And who uses those pinless peepers? Can you tell me more about them? They are for feather picking right? Trying to figure things out in the coop. Spent some time in there today and I have a serious feather picking problem. Now to figure out why is my next adventure. All I want is a happy healthy coop. I feel like I am failing the birds when I see them doing things like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by