Surviving Minnesota!

I see how it is... If you don't see me for a few days it means I am trying to cry myself to sleep since my ducks aren't good enough...
Holm I am not worthy of your ducks! I have no where special enough to put Holm Blue Muscovy. I wouldn't want my hatchery quality ducks infiltrating your precious!

bow.gif

I have a dumb question: How do I start to wean the bull calf off milk? Do I give it less milk at feeding time or do I water it down? I have no idea and I can't seem to find info that says 'how' not just 'wean calf'.
You just stop giving it milk all together. He will baul for it but don't give in!!

No that is a pet peeve of mine as well. And another peeve of mine on craigslist: how hard is it to make an ad with all the info needed? Nothing frustrates me more when I read an ad and I am more confused after reading it than before. For sure a no sale there from me! Seriously why even post something if you can't describe what you have for sale and how much it is!

After these birds drop in price and they are a dime a dozen I will count on getting mine from you. Putting in my order now so you can get a jump on things. :) Seriously though are you hatching guineas this year? I still want some(not 30 from Mcmurray either). I just need to off load all my dang bachelor roos.

I am a product of the 80's and I say sniffing glue not paint. must be a 2000's thing or something. weird kids ;)

Now I am getting older so bear with me when I say "It seems to me . . . ." that there was some kind of spray paint that was being sniffed for a while. I seem to remember laughing because I was wondering if the person sniffing ever got wet paint on their nose. Just sayin . . . .

Now I am getting older so bear with me when I say "It seems to me . . . ." that there was some kind of spray paint that was being sniffed for a while. I seem to remember laughing because I was wondering if the person sniffing ever got wet paint on their nose. Just sayin . . . .
Kids these days sniff just about anything aerosol so it seems. Lots of informational meetings and handouts from the school but I never had to deal with it personally. Maybe it is a bigger city thing. IDK. :) Kids
hu.gif

"back in my day" it was good old fashioned herbs

I have on heard of adults sniffing paint not kids. But lots of kids do!! Around here they stick with weed

Last edited:
You just stop giving it milk all together. He will baul for it but don't give in!!
Just cold turkey?! Every feeding is gone or take away one at a time?
We feed him 3 times a day. Temps are getting cold here too so I was wondering if that changes weaning now or not. Or what? I really don't know.

That top picture is a cockerel . He is not pure as he has a pea comb .
I would say your half breed has no legbar in him . No barring and dark legs . Looks pure EE to me . Pea comb is not tall like in the first picture . So not carrying single comb .

This is the one you say is not pure?

I have to make sure I understand so I can take the proper actions.

What were you doing home on a Sunday morning??!! You should be at church!!

What were you doing home on a Sunday morning??!! You should be at church!!

What were you doing home on a Sunday morning??!! You should be at church!!LOL - good for you holm 25 =
LOL - Good for you holm25. I was going to 'suggest' that church was an option on a Sunday morning and then maybe you wouldn't be so bored Ralphie.

We had our last holiday hur-rah this morning with a brunch with two more sons and some in-laws. They were gone by three. Bye - Bye. Holidays are over. Now to dedecorate and start to eliminate holiday decorations out of my packed garage. Ugh!

That top picture is a cockerel . He is not pure as he has a pea comb .
I would say your half breed has no legbar in him . No barring and dark legs . Looks pure EE to me . Pea comb is not tall like in the first picture . So not carrying single comb .

And this is the one with no CLB in it?

That is actually a relief, as I can see someone, must have been Judy mixed up eggs, Ole was suppose to be fathering chicks with my EE..

Back
Top Bottom