Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. lvie

lvie Chillin' With My Peeps

Who is watching THE game tonight?

1 person likes this.
  2. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    Here you go Ralph he is far from good quality. He needs a spike at the end of that comb which doesn't have but he would be a good starter!!

3. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    OK. Thanks Holm!! Now to be brave enough to do it.

Oh and more exciting news on the Herefords!! One of the girls' front part of her udder is getting bigger!! The back half is still high but I am happy to see the front filling out some!! We are getting closer!! Can't wait!!

4. Rhetts

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    DH is going over to his brother's house for a 'guys night' and watching the game. Not me I will be here.

5. holm25

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    Once she starts pacing and sniffing everything you know it is time!!

6. holm25

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    How old is the calf Rhetts??

7. Coffee 1st

Coffee 1st Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2015
    Big with Blue eggs gene and cute and nice,,,,LOL

1 person likes this.
  8. Rhetts

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota

3 months exactly on Christmas day. Born Sept. 25.

9. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    Whew finally caught up! you guys have been chattering away!

We have had a busy day today and ive only had a moment to pop in here and there. We deep cleaned the house which is nice. We decide that we are tired of it being so messy all the time so we have resolved to keep our house clean enough that we would be willing to have a guest come to our house on short notice and not be embarrassed at all times. We invited an old friend over to test our job and we are happy with the results thus far. He is an older farmer from church who was a big mentor to both my wife and I in our youth years. I really enjoy chatting with old farmers as they love telling me about the past and how things used to be. He loves keeping up with us and what we are doing on the farm and is happy to see younger people interested in getting back to simple life and such. He has all kinds of contacts in the local community, farming and otherwise and has been a great help in getting us info about all kinds of stuff.

I've got wheat bread kneading in the mixer and need to go pull it out. when I get it set to rise i will come back and share some other fun stuff with you guys

1 person likes this.
  10. holm25

Apr 6, 2014
    MN

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by