1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

No that is a pet peeve of mine as well. And another peeve of mine on craigslist: how hard is it to make an ad with all the info needed? Nothing frustrates me more when I read an ad and I am more confused after reading it than before. For sure a no sale there from me! Seriously why even post something if you can't describe what you have for sale and how much it is!

After these birds drop in price and they are a dime a dozen I will count on getting mine from you. Putting in my order now so you can get a jump on things. :) Seriously though are you hatching guineas this year? I still want some(not 30 from Mcmurray either). I just need to off load all my dang bachelor roos.

I am a product of the 80's and I say sniffing glue not paint. must be a 2000's thing or something. weird kids ;)

2. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Coffee BAD NEWS~!~~

I was just reading the federal register pertaining to chicken ownership. And you can trust me you know that I would never make stuff up just to benefit myself..

And I quote:

"All acreage purchased after 2014 must have a minimum of 1 rooster per acre or any portion therefore of."

After reading this it appears you need 5 or 6 roosters, depending on whether you are over exactly 5 acres or under. The good thing for you is I just happen to have 6 roosters. If you want an extra I bet I could even find a 7th.

1 person likes this.
  3. duluthralphie

Rhett, I would be honored to have morning coffee with you...

5. You are a better man than I. I most likely would have been sucked in. The DW for sure and I am a sucker for her.

6. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    Nope. Trap was empty. I suppose the critter was still good and full. I have more meat scraps to put in tonight to try again. Will keep trying for at least several days

7. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    Shame on you!! You know I would pay that price!!! And now I want them!! Some days I think you people want me to go to rehab!! I am one to pay a pretty penny for poultry!! Just ask Heidi!! Its a good thing she goes poultry shopping for me!!

1 person likes this.
  8. holm25

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    What were you doing home on a Sunday morning??!! You should be at church!!

9. holm25

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    Rhetts do you know what is better than guineas?? A beautiful pair of blue Muscovys!! And these could be yours!! And with the purchase you be able to meet the amazing Holm25!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. duluthralphie

Errr.. Young man I paid Heidi's price too as did BC...... But look what I got for it..

This is the one I cannot tell if it is a rooster or hen, it cackles like a hen, sings the egg song tail looks like a rooster to me, but the head looks hen.. I had thought Ole might have gotten to this ones mother. BUT I am fairly sure it is 100% CLB

[​IMG]

These are couple of my pullets, They are wondering what all the fuss is about. Taking their picture was no big deal to them.

[​IMG]

This is the half breed. His Daddy is Ole for sure.
    [​IMG]
    Another Picture of him, I love his dark waddle, feathers under his neck.
    [​IMG]
    Here is the transgender one. I wish I could decide for sure which sex he/she identifies with.
    [​IMG]
    That splotch on the wing is pheasant brown, it is beautiful..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know you will all say rooster as the pictures say that, but in Real life it is not a definite And he/she talks and sounds like a girl!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by