Surviving Minnesota!

I think the term is sniffing paint... lol I will get a picture of it when I go to Minnies!!!

I think the term is sniffing paint... lol I will get a picture of it when I go to Minnies!!!

Wasn't the model car glue the one that stank? And thus the sniffing glue saying. Either that or Ralphie and I are from another era when paint wasn't available.

Traps are set and I'm full up with spicy chicken wings. Now we wait. We took the dogs down to the state park for a hike today which was fun. We hiked a mile and a half but the dogs probably covered 4-5 miles running here and there. We are all ready to snuggle in on the couch for a movie.

Did you look up the turkey movie ralphie? Free birds it is called

Not yet. But I will. We have been real busy.

We did rent some from Red box when we headed to the cabin, So we watched one last night " Vacation" Not the Chevy Chase one the sequel. If you have not seen it. you should we laughed until we cried in places!

Wasn't the model car glue the one that stank? And thus the sniffing glue saying. Either that or Ralphie and I are from another era when paint wasn't available.

Back in the late 70's or early 80's they changed the formula or added something to the glue so you no longer got high just sick from it. I am guessing that is why Holm did not know about glue. I bet his memory of the 80's is foggy.

Just got home from dinner with my pig farmer friend down the road. He told me that if I want piglets next year I can have them for $50 a head and he can get them for us. The better news is that DW was sitting next to me and was nodding her head and looking excited... Like she seems ok with it! Guess who may be getting pigs next year! I've have the plan in my head but it had been stashed in the 2-4 year plan folder. I know where I want them and how I will keep them etc

So exciting to add to the farm! Congratulations!

@klopklop being further south you have possums I think, maybe that is your predator? they have been seen this far north but not so much.

btw, sorry for your loss.

Last edited:
I gotta take alot of pictures to post for you - chickie friends. I learn alot from you. Pictures of the coop/run that my DH worked on with the metal roof which we did spray foam insulate inside and that took care of the moisture problem. I want to redesign the coop portion now - causing more trouble with the DH (he asks when does this stop? Its always something. My response: When I get it right - its kind of like the elevator in the Rapunzel building - he worked on that alot and there was always a new part coming in the mail - until he got it right.) When I have to clean the coop good this spring its going to become a different configuration. Trying to figure it out.
I have two RIR. Rosie is the first layer and the largest of the two. She is always hanging with Ruby. They even go in the nest box to keep each other company while laying. Ruby is at the bottom of the pecking order. Sweetheart. Yesterday I noticed that all her feathers above her tail just under her wings is like grey. Broken off and I can see the pin feathers. Don't know if I am saying that correctly. I will get some pictures. Thought perhaps she was beginning to molt. Dunno what a molt looks like. I am too inexperienced at this. I am short an egg a day and I am pretty sure it is Ruby's egg missing. Unless Tom Hanks is doing something to her too much. Learning, learning, learning.

Hope everyone had a great time welcoming the New Year. I have a more positive outlook now than I did then. Hence - I am 'talking' to you again. Happy, happy to each of you.

Oh! forgot to say I am sorry for the loss of the bird. I know (as well as everyone out here) how sad it feels to loose one. Stupid Eagles! Backing out of the garage one morning this past week and they flew over the garage to see if any chixs were out. MY chickens - keep away!

Ivie, can't wait to see the pics! and my DH feels the same way. I said, well, maybe we'll get out fishing this coming summer... he said probably not, depends on what you come up with next!
roll.png
maybe i'll give him a summer off after working for 2 summers straight on my chicken coop and run, i'm nice like that.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom