Surviving Minnesota!

Layers, sorry to read about the Frizzle. How much rain did you receive from the last system ? You are in the desperately needed category it is plain to see.
With very little hay in your area I would anticipate a lot of cattle going to market which would usually be retained.

Layers, sorry to read about the Frizzle. How much rain did you receive from the last system ? You are in the desperately needed category it is plain to see.
With very little hay in your area I would anticipate a lot of cattle going to market which would usually be retained.
We received around an inch. Most of it did not even soak in. It say on top snd evaporated. Most cows here were sold a month ago or so. Lots of hobby farmers are selling all there large livestock because they won't be able to feed them over the winter. My dad and I are guessing we hsve 7 months of hay for an easy winter and 3 months if its like this winter

Screenshot_20170720-161302.png
IMG_20170720_161424_845.jpg
20170720_160914.jpg
IMG_20170720_161424_824.jpg

Another storm and again im the only one home so I just went and made a quick run down to the yard closing everything up. We have the camper up at the house, and the house is on a hill. It's just starting now..

Here are the Toad trio of hens. One has SOP coloring, not a lot but it is there!

PRMS0098.JPG

Here is Mr. Red the Toad roo watching one of his gals. He sleeps in the coop and I cannot get the girls to sleep in there. They lay down together in a huddle and camp out
side.

PRMS0102.JPG
Cackle hatchery Dom roo.
PRMS1372.JPG
A pair of Ralphie's Doms that I hatched out this Spring. They do not hold their tails up around the older chickens yet. Still trying to find their place in the world. Teenagers...
PRMS1503.JPG
Cackle Cuckoo Maran roo. He is huge but nice.
PRMS1540.JPG

Ralphie's Dom cockerel in front and the Cackle roo in back.
PRMS1556.JPG
Buff Orpington roo from Cackle
PRMS1578.JPG
Barred Rock roo from Cackle.

PRMS1662.JPG

Golden laced Wyandotte Roo from Cackle. Most of the roosters are missing feathers. I just took them out of the bachelor pen last week.
PRMS1784.JPG
Don't really know what this roo is. Got him from friends up north and they just let them hatch out and mix however they go. Thinking EE but I have to hatch some babies and then see if they lay colored eggs. We think he is pretty!
PRMS2935.JPG
And this is what happens when you walk out to get the camera card. All the hens come staring at you!
PRMS4696.JPG

Nice pics momofmany. I would say that mystery roo is a Wyandotte mix. Looks kinda like he has a weird Rose comb? Maybe a GLWxBA? He kinda has a Wyandotte tail too?

Gorgeous photos MoM. Love your Quonset style coop when you first jumped on here with us and I still do!

Fun to see the differences In the Dominiques. Loved the toad trio as well.

Layers we'll be getting your systems tomorrow sounds like. Hope you got lots of water out of it though.
Sorry about your frizzle.

Holmes the silkies are gorgeous. I'm thinking you'll do well.

Took the day off to go boating and floaties with my sis. The lake was dead calm. Perfect day for the floaties. Sunburned and I love it.

Layers, I hope you guys get the rain you need in a week long soaker and not a day deluge.

Nice pictures everyone...

I like the Urch line Dom's over the cackle Mom... The breast is fuller and the barring is better. I see he is a little intimidated by the Cackle roo though..afraid to raise his tail too high.

I like the Toad with the orrange hue to it... The Next Bert... May not become the next Bert. He may become the next Sunday meal.

I told you how he speared my leg. Two days ago he almost killed a pullet. She has cuts on her sides and he refused to hget off her. I had to kick him off.

Yesterday, I was down again. Hopefully today will be better. If it is he is moving to A cage by himself. I will give him a couple months to learn manners....Unless he upsets me, in which case he will find himself in the Whirlygig ride that removes feathers....

As good as he looks I will not have a mean rooster around!

MnCHickMom, I doubt we will ever know for sure what happened. I am thinking EJB hit it though and someone wanted free chickens. I am going to be setting up permanent Wifi cameras around here. I have no idea what else to do.

Ralphie, gonna set bear traps for the culprit?
I am happy to report it is raining again...I was afraid the monsoon season had ended and we would go a day without rain...

Sure am glad I have no hay to put up.
MnCHickMom, I doubt we will ever know for sure what happened. I am thinking EJB hit it though and someone wanted free chickens. I am going to be setting up permanent Wifi cameras around here. I have no idea what else to do.
Little insert-descriptive-word-here could have just gone on CL and gotten all the free chickens he wanted, legally.... :he

Back
Top Bottom