Surviving Minnesota!

I did some reading about turkey AI in Storeys guide to raising turkeys. But Ralph chickened out on that so that was a waist of my time...
1f602.png
I am kidding it doesn't look like a fun job.... Poor tom... And hen... They must feel violated afterwards...

Holm you poor kid!  LOL.  Ahem...time to get back to your studies.  Have you figured out Kloppers Pig Pen?!

Someone told me 'just make it out of pallets' like I could conjur those out of thin air. I don't know about you guys but I have a hard time getting very many pallets of decent size around here
I'm hoping to make 2 50' x 50' pens for rotations

Last edited:
I am artistically challenged.

I do not see the subtle or subtile (if you are British) differences in those and the penciled ones I had shown the other day.

I think I have some EE's that look like that. Muffin has that color kind of.

Someone told me 'just make it out of pallets' like I could conjur those out of thin air. I don't know about you guys but I have a hard time getting very many pallets of decent size around here
I'm hoping to make 2 50' x 50' pens for rotations

I think I saw a sign in St Cloud for free pallets and they had about a million and a half stacked there. I am going back to look next time I am in St Cloud, I could use some.

These are single barred . The bottom one is now old enough to breed . So he is the daddy of the eggs I set .

Ralphie those trailing berries are either dewberry or Alaskan raspberry . My dewberries are like blackberries only trailing .
The Boysen was a cross of the California dewberry and a raspberry . Turns out the California dewberry ( rubus ursin ) has male and female
plants . So that cross was as easy as planting a female ursin among raspberries . There are many polidy levels among brambles making things complex for crossing . I am assuming dewberry are compatible with raspberries .

Ralphie we may have to do some trading . I could graft some trees for you and you could get me starts of berry .

These are single barred . The bottom one is now old enough to breed . So he is the daddy of the eggs I set .

Ralphie those trailing berries are either dewberry or Alaskan raspberry . My dewberries are like blackberries only trailing .
The Boysen was a cross of the California dewberry and a raspberry . Turns out the California dewberry ( rubus ursin ) has male and female
plants . So that cross was as easy as planting a female ursin among raspberries . There are many polidy levels among brambles making things complex for crossing . I am assuming dewberry are compatible with raspberries .

Ralphie we may have to do some trading . I could graft some trees for you and you could get me starts of berry .

You are welcome to any berries I have. Maybe those are dew berries. I know I have hoards of wild raspberries on my driveway. I di not bother picking them asI am not a fan of them and the bugs are unbearable. I also have some wild blueberries and some wild strawberries. I wish I knew how to grow them, They are so good!

You would be welcome to go bullhead fishing with me too Jerryse. I am always looking for a Minnesota Bullhead fishing partner.

Back
Top Bottom