Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    you should tread lightly Ralphie she already cleaned your bloody face today

2. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    So, i am excited to say that so far I am finding that milling my own feed could save me enough that it is almost certainly going to be a reality.

1 person likes this.
  3. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

She is a nurse, she took some kind of oath to clean up the bloody and beaten, or something like that [​IMG]

4. KlopKlop

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    It is so cold and lonely over here by myself....

5. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

That's a good deal,, what kind of mill are you looking for?

6. lvie

lvie Chillin' With My Peeps

No its not. I am the 4th of 5 kids and by the time I came along they couldn't come up names. So my Dad was sitting in a restaurant having coffee and the waitress asked him what he was thinking so hard about. He explained the circumstances and she suggested that I should be named after her. They did.

1 person likes this.
  7. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

Oh man!! This makes me want to cry... They could have found a first Lady or saint or at least told you your were named after Saint Loretta..

8. KlopKlop

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    Anything motorized or motorizable... a roller mill would top my list, but a grain mill isnt out of the question. needs to handle quite a bit of use, but not be super expensive as that would overweigh my savings.

I could be seeing $12+ savings a week on my layer rations alone

9. lvie

lvie Chillin' With My Peeps

So did you two get together and meet and thats why you actually know each others names? Can you tell I am getting excited. Oh Chickie Friends!

I am reading North and South by John Jakes. Its actually a trilogy about the Civil War that is a good read. Cept I am on book three now and its alittle slow. Like book two of the Hunger Games wasn't as good as the 1st and 3rd. That kind of slow. I am a FAST reader and I started this just after Thanksgiving and am only half way through it. Learning alot about the Civil War.

10. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Kloppers that's good news about milling your own. Sounds like your mill will pay for itself with the 40-50 birds and feeder pigs on the way.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by