Surviving Minnesota!

Ralphie, I believe that the egg eating by roosters and hens as well is often as much the result of expending nervous energy as for something to eat. Especially in winter If the birds have limited space in which to roam ? If one can then allowing the roosters with the hens for limited time daily or even every other day is a good management practice. This assumes one has the separate coop space and time to do this ?
This is another complication with early hatching.

I have the cages, as the DOM rooster has now found out. I just thought they would like to be together.

Winter hatching is fraught with things going bad. If I did not enjoy the shows so much I would end this silly winter hatching endeavor..

I am off to the the City of Sauk Rapids in about 10 minutes. The thermometer is much nicer today than yesterday. 20 ABOVE on the outside one,,,,,

Good morning... Won’t be on much as we have some family issues going on... Nothing too serious but enough to keep me busy.

I have the cages, as the DOM rooster has now found out. I just thought they would like to be together.

Winter hatching is fraught with things going bad. If I did not enjoy the shows so much I would end this silly winter hatching endeavor..

I am off to the the City of Sauk Rapids in about 10 minutes. The thermometer is much nicer today than yesterday. 20 ABOVE on the outside one,,,,,
20 above absolute zero?

Mild this morning and no snow falling yet.
Ralphie, I hate to write this, but I have seen a long term forecast which indicates much colder than normal temperatures for the Mn. Banana Belt for the next 30 days. I hope it proves to be inaccurate.

19 degrees here and no snow,,,,

I have seen a not so pretty 10 day forecast.......I chose to ignore it...

On the political front, the other candidates have realized I am winning and are resorting to calling supporters and telling "mistruths"...... EJB you were right, I am not sure I can remain "nice" much longer.

Back
Top Bottom