Surviving Minnesota!

Oh u just dont tell her about the bug!! I once had three turkey poults in my room and she didn't know!

She doesn't mind the bug. But she didn't like the cat we snuck inside... Or the giant lab that slept by my window for three nights... Or the sparrow... Or the batch of bunnies...

She doesn't mind the bug. But she didn't like the cat we snuck inside... Or the giant lab that slept by my window for three nights... Or the sparrow... Or the batch of bunnies...

One of my young EE started laying, She has laid about 5 eggs so far.

I thought I would show you the color of her egg.

Two of these are Creamette eggs, one belongs to the New EE. I may have to start locking up my young EE's to see who is laying this perfect blue egg! The one I want from my EEs!

I know it is the same bird as she lays in a different set of nests as most my birds do...

Besides the new exciting egg, I sold 5-6 roosters, Bert's brothers. I am only keeping one in case Bert decides to go 10-7 on me. I also sold Penguin today.

Which is super, Penguin and Ginger were the two turkeys I was dreading de-heading. The rest I could really care less about. So I will be down to 3 Toms real soon.

I will have JJ, Sidekick, and Coffee's Tom Porter. I might even set Porter up with a hen or two and get some babies from him. He has great size for a young Tom.

Last edited:
One of my young EE started laying, She has laid about 5 eggs so far. I thought I would show you the color of her egg. Two of these are Creamette eggs, one belongs to the New EE. I may have to start locking up my young EE's to see who is laying this perfect blue egg! The one I want from my EEs! I know it is the same bird as she lays in a different set of nests as most my birds do... Besides the new exciting egg, I sold 5-6 roosters, Bert's brothers. I am only keeping one in case Bert decides to go 10-7 on me. I also sold Penguin today. Which is super, Penguin and Ginger were the two turkeys I was dreading de-heading. The rest I could really care less about. So I will be down to 3 Toms real soon. I will have JJ, Sidekick, and Coffee's Tom Porter. I might even set Porter up with a hen or two and get some babies from him. He has great size for a young Tom.
Pretty eggs!! I can't wait to see your poults this spring! I am glad both Penguin and Ginger got a good home. Do u jave pics of Berts JR. brothers??

Pretty eggs!! I can't wait to see your poults this spring! I am glad both Penguin and Ginger got a good home. Do u jave pics of Berts JR. brothers??

I do, they are not great pictures. Bert Juniors Brothers turned out barred and Bert did not. Explain those genetics to me...

The one is a Creamer, the rest are Bert's brothers.

Hi Coffee - now that you are a declared healthy, newly married, farm owner - would you consider posting pictures of the farm again? I am being lazy and not wanting to go back to look them up. If its a big deal then don't bother.
I would love 2 but I'm sitting in my car a block away from my house and don't have computer with me.. I'm on my 4th house showing of the day. Me, hubby, 3 dogs just sitting in the car.. Hope we get an offer..

I would love 2 but I'm sitting in my car a block away from my house and don't have computer with me.. I'm on my 4th house showing of the day. Me, hubby, 3 dogs just sitting in the car.. Hope we get an offer..
yesss.gif

Back
Top Bottom