Surviving Minnesota!

Yesterday on my beautiful Saturday I was guilted Into going to Brainerd to shop for a car for DD.

.... you all know how I (lo-Ove) shopping for frigging cars right? Add to the mix a 16 year old girl with champagne taste on a peanut butter budget. 90 degree car with chickens and home projects on my mind. Dickering over the price for rust and dents just my cup o tea. :sick

But she’s a good girl and asked me to go with. We decided the car she wanted was too much money and the dealership would not meet the valu we thought it was worth.

Ugh. All day in Brainerd. No car for DD yet.
And she is not at all pleased. :oops:

0318181623.jpg

Poor photo but this is a rose comb Legbar cockerel . He was a late hatch . Had to use my phone as camera needs charged . Put chicken poo on the garden after cleaning . So all the moving around I now have a Legbar pen .

Doing some looking on hatcheries this evening. I was originally thinking about ordering 100 White Leghorns from McMurray, when I remembered a few years back I bought some White Californians from Runnings,who orders through Welp, and absolutely loved the birds. So I went to Welps page, it is cheaper to order the White Californians from Welp, plus if Runnings was to order them for me I would possibly not have to pay for shipping. I will have to call Runnings sometime to see if I could get 100 WCs from them.

Jerry if you come up after persimmons are ripe I’ll take a flat of those. :drool
They grow wild there too right?

One week in the mud and slush then we’re heading to Texas for 8 days. South padre. Kids are on spring break and in laws want to see us.

I was the one new to instant pot. We’ve had over a month now... made the corned beef and cabbage in that instant pot. Made beer bread too. That stuff is just delicious.

Helped DS wash his truck. Put on mud flaps. Kids will not need me to drive them to the school bus any more.... :hittimes they are a changing.

Jerry if you come up after persimmons are ripe I’ll take a flat of those. :drool
They grow wild there too right?

One week in the mud and slush then we’re heading to Texas for 8 days. South padre. Kids are on spring break and in laws want to see us.

I was the one new to instant pot. We’ve had over a month now... made the corned beef and cabbage in that instant pot. Made beer bread too. That stuff is just delicious.

Helped DS wash his truck. Put on mud flaps. Kids will not need me to drive them to the school bus any more.... :hittimes they are a changing.
Do you need a guide on your trip?

Back
Top Bottom