Surviving Minnesota!

Sorry BC no persimmons yet . They grow wild further south in IL. I have a few trees but no fruit yet . :( One bloomed 2 years ago but it was a male tree . I will graft known cultivars on the rootstock . Some need no pollinator ( seedless ) and some late ones like deer magnet . You can find ripening times from late august through end of October .

Ralphie we were talking today about your cuddles. My father now has my 5 yr old convinced he needs a cuddles. Thanks for the story though cuddles was a talking point in Sunday school how even things that seem like they should be one way could be something completely different.

I am glad they like Cuddles sight unseen.

Cuddles had a rough day yesterday. I could not find him in the coop. I moved the SS out of the pole barn so I could use it for legbars. The pen they were in was large and I have enough baby SS and then some for this year.

Cuddles is not getting along with Sven and Leif. I had him in the back of the coop in their own pen and run, but I needed it for the blue turkey Tom and his girlfriend. Thus Cuddles was displaced again. They have had access to the layers pen (Sven abd Leif's girls) for a couple weeks. I thought they were over hating each other. Apparently not.

I could not find Cuddles yesterday and searched all over for him. I finally found him in the woods sitting on a fallen log. He did not come when I called. I was forced to walk out there and discuss his problems with him. After a few minutes discussing I reached down and picked him up and carried him back to the coop. He is the only rooster I have I can just reach down and pick up anytime I want. Most evade me and being held.

I do wish I had tried harder to save his comb this past winter. He is not as beautiful without it, but it is not practical to put 300 bucks into saving the comb of a SS that has too many white feathers because of his age.

About 4 inches of snow. It should all melt again this week
20180319_074623.jpg

About 4 inches of snow. It should all melt again this week
View attachment 1302301

Layers, I love that picture and the way your homestead sits in that little hollow with the rolling hills around it.

It makes me think I should have a horse and be riding those hills.

How close is your nearest neighbors house? I might have to take over the world, eliminate all DUX, and evict you from that place so I can live there...

Layers, I love that picture and the way your homestead sits in that little hollow with the rolling hills around it.

It makes me think I should have a horse and be riding those hills.

How close is your nearest neighbors house? I might have to take over the world, eliminate all DUX, and evict you from that place so I can live there...
The old house is down on the yard it is about 400sq feet. However the house we built is up on a hill, that is where the picture is taken from.
I love going out in the fall all afternoon and riding, it is really nice horse country with the creek running through, and then up north on our land it gets like the badlands but with grass.
I honestly don't know how far away the nearest neighbor is, but in this picture their house is the red dot it is among all of the pines
20180319_080517.jpg

Rather them evicting us you can live in the old house, there is a perk too, no dux here. I have no need for demon spawn

The old house is down on the yard it is about 400sq feet. However the house we built is up on a hill, that is where the picture is taken from.
I love going out in the fall all afternoon and riding, it is really nice horse country with the creek running through, and then up north on our land it gets like the badlands but with grass.
I honestly don't know how far away the nearest neighbor is, but in this picture their house is the red dot it is among all of the pines
View attachment 1302331
Rather them evicting us you can live in the old house, there is a perk too, no dux here. I have no need for demon spawn
It’s pretty there but I like our rain and trees:lau And all the lakes...

It’s pretty there but I like our rain and trees:lau And all the lakes...

Well, lakes and forests are nice, but you may not have them your entire life. As you know, you are fast approaching the age I have to marry you off at.

You might as well let it be to a gal that will inherit a couple sections of land as to someone from the cities....

Now I do have other choices available for you, one lives in the center of lakes and woods, but her parents have not gotten her a car even. So I am thinking the dowry might be a tad low, which would make my cut even lower.

This finding you a wife is a nearly full time job, and I do need a larger dowry or inheritance to make it worth my while.

Last edited:
Well, lakes and forests are nice, but you may not have them your entire life. As you know, you are fast approaching the age I have to marry you off at soon.

You might as well let it be to a gal that will inherit a couple sections of land as to someone from the cities....

Now I do have other choices available for you, one lives in the center of lakes and woods, but her parents have not gotten her a car even. So I am thinking the dowry might be a tad low, which would make my cut even lower.

This finding you a wife is a nearly full time job, and I do need a larger dowry or inheritance to make it worth my while.
Send Holm to the eelpout festival to look for a spouse . It seems to be the meeting place . :lol:

Back
Top Bottom