Surviving Minnesota!

I have a lot of Black copper Maran Cockerels if anybody wants one... I only plan on keeping a Pullet or two and the rest are spoken for...

Good Morning chickeners! Busy - busy - busy as are each of you. About Friday, June 29th in Brainerd. That is the better day for me (rather than Saturday) So wondering who can make it and thinking a bout the Chinese buffet place just a little north on 371 (where you, Janet and I met once Jerry) HOW DOES THAT WORK FOR ANY OF YOU?

Good Morning chickeners! Busy - busy - busy as are each of you. About Friday, June 29th in Brainerd. That is the better day for me (rather than Saturday) So wondering who can make it and thinking a bout the Chinese buffet place just a little north on 371 (where you, Janet and I met once Jerry) HOW DOES THAT WORK FOR ANY OF YOU?
Sounds like a plan.

So, how long can I keep unwashed eggs on my counter top? I've gotten to the point I just throw away eggs that are too dirty and keep clean ones. Not too many folks around here want to eat duck eggs so I've been getting a build up. :confused:
I have several I left out of the fridge cause I ran out of room on my egg shelf.

Well if you think of a broody with hidden clutch of eggs. She might lay 5-10 eggs for a clutch then she sits on them for 21 days in ambient spring temperatures. The eggs covered with bloom develop into chicks without issues during that. So you could say 21 days plus for sure. There are some reports of 3-4 months as far as experimenting that time frame. I personally would probably do a month and that would be my safety thresh hold. I'd have to do a float test or something after that. LOL.

Duck eggs are rich in fats and cholesterols that make for excellent baking. There are some places where the people actually know that and pay more for them. You've got to upsale them girl friend. Creme Brulees. Ice cream making. Cake baking....The duck eggs are known to awe on those fronts.

The farm is full of beautiful flowers this year. This year there is 8 pink Lady Slippers growing just a few yards away from the coop and run.

Some flower I’ve never seen before..
View attachment 1435032

This is maybe an orchid too Holms...? Hard to tell without the rest of the plant maybe. I think I saw them on the Bog Walk up by Red Lake. Aren't you fancy up there?!

Last edited:
So.. I was a bad bad mom/wife and over did it for two straight days... now I'm paying for it. Can hardly move. I'll be parked on the couch for a while. Bad news is the storms brought down tree limbs. Not good at all. Chickens are chickens and still laying eggs. Lead minister got teased a bit they asked her about if she had Hens In town. So dotty, gloria and punkin had their debut in the other two churches. Some critter ate all the broccoli and cabbage ect in the ministry garden. I'm ticked. Other wise it seems to be going good.

Well if you think of a broody with hidden clutch of eggs. She might lay 5-10 eggs for a clutch then she sits on them for 21 days in ambient spring temperatures. The eggs covered with bloom develop into chicks without issues during that. So you could say 21 days plus for sure. There are some reports of 3-4 months as far as experimenting that time frame. I personally would probably do a month and that would be my safety thresh hold. I'd have to do a float test or something after that. LOL.

Duck eggs are rich in fats and cholesterols that make for excellent baking. There are some places where the people actually know that and pay more for them. You've got to upsale them girl friend. Creme Brulees. Ice cream making. Cake baking....The duck eggs are known to awe on those fronts.

This is maybe an orchid too Holms...? Hard to tell without the rest of the plant maybe. I think I saw them on the Bog Walk up by Red Lake. Aren't you fancy up there?!
We think they taste great! And I love baking with them.
Maybe if I had face book or something to advertise I could sell some. I don't talk to enough people to find any buyers lol.
So my eggs I've left out for a couple weeks should be fine :)

We think they taste great! And I love baking with them.
Maybe if I had face book or something to advertise I could sell some. I don't talk to enough people to find any buyers lol.
So my eggs I've left out for a couple weeks should be fine :)
Be careful with the duck eggs when selling them, I have had 3 or 4 people in my family have reactions to them... they all had varied symptoms but the worst was one was puking for 3 dats afterwards.
If I ever get ducks again I am only going to sell to people with allergies to chicken eggs. It makes you feel really good when you get sent a picture of a 6 year old having their first ever birthday cake.

Be careful with the duck eggs when selling them, I have had 3 or 4 people in my family have reactions to them... they all had varied symptoms but the worst was one was puking for 3 dats afterwards.
If I ever get ducks again I am only going to sell to people with allergies to chicken eggs. It makes you feel really good when you get sent a picture of a 6 year old having their first ever birthday cake.
Oh my. That's not good.
Come to think of it, I think my tax lady told me she was allergic to chicken eggs. I should take her some. :)

Back
Top Bottom