Surviving Minnesota!

Well if you think of a broody with hidden clutch of eggs. She might lay 5-10 eggs for a clutch then she sits on them for 21 days in ambient spring temperatures. The eggs covered with bloom develop into chicks without issues during that. So you could say 21 days plus for sure. There are some reports of 3-4 months as far as experimenting that time frame. I personally would probably do a month and that would be my safety thresh hold. I'd have to do a float test or something after that. LOL.

Duck eggs are rich in fats and cholesterols that make for excellent baking. There are some places where the people actually know that and pay more for them. You've got to upsale them girl friend. Creme Brulees. Ice cream making. Cake baking....The duck eggs are known to awe on those fronts.

This is maybe an orchid too Holms...? Hard to tell without the rest of the plant maybe. I think I saw them on the Bog Walk up by Red Lake. Aren't you fancy up there?!
BC there was no plant. Just those shoots with flowers coming up out of a rotten log. I’ll have to look again to be sure.

Hanging out in Clitherall for a few more days. Went trolling for northern and bass....1st time trolling and I caught a small hammerhead and a rock bass. Brother in law made me throw it back.

Attachments

• 7FEDC761-43C1-4F1A-A82C-9290F605B685.jpeg
    7FEDC761-43C1-4F1A-A82C-9290F605B685.jpeg
    576.2 KB · Views: 5
Hanging out in Clitherall for a few more days. Went trolling for northern and bass....1st time trolling and I caught a small hammerhead and a rock bass. Brother in law made me throw it back.

Listen to the BIL on the rock bass.......He must be nearly as smart as me...Did you get any Minnesota Bullheads?

I hope you ate the hammerhandle. They are yummy.

MN Chick Mom hold out for the sunnies, walleye and crappie.

Rockbass are 'rough fish' lots of bones, spiney dorsal fins and gill plates that will fillet you! That is one to be thrown back for the amount of meat you get off the darn things. Lots of scars from Rock bass and perch gill plates as a kid on the resort.

Good Morning chickeners! Busy - busy - busy as are each of you. About Friday, June 29th in Brainerd. That is the better day for me (rather than Saturday) So wondering who can make it and thinking a bout the Chinese buffet place just a little north on 371 (where you, Janet and I met once Jerry) HOW DOES THAT WORK FOR ANY OF YOU?

Ivie: I'll put down 12Noon for that meeting. If I get my hours in for the week you'll see me. If not then I'll be working wishing i was in Brainerd missing out on General Tsao's chicken...:drool

Back
Top Bottom