Surviving Minnesota!

Ralphie, I feel for you. I am knocking on wood as I type this. I do not like hospitals, and the last time I stayed overnight in one I was 18 years old. That is so long ago that I don't think I can count that high. That stay was as the result of an accident on a construction site. I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
I am fortunate that the only time thus far I was sick enough to have to stay in one I pulled a Ralphie. I refused to stay. I lived through that and hope I never spend another day in one.
Ralphie must be on the mend as he is seemingly quite feisty.
Miss Judy is surely missing your assistance on the ranch and is anxious to have you back ?!?

They took a vote and I was voted off the floor. I am now home...but I feel 90 years old.

Hard to believe they would vote me off the floor... The WW is trying to convince me I was a difficult patient. I refuse to believe her.

At least Pearl is glad I am home. I made Judy take me to the chicken barn before I would come in the house. The chickens are doing fine as are the turkeys.

While in the hospital I found a dux I like and want to raise, see miracles happen. I want some mandarin ducks.. but first I need to see how hard they are to keep around. It appears they run away from home a lot, like all good dux should

They took a vote and I was voted off the floor. I am now home...but I feel 90 years old.

Hard to believe they would vote me off the floor... The WW is trying to convince me I was a difficult patient. I refuse to believe her.

At least Pearl is glad I am home. I made Judy take me to the chicken barn before I would come in the house. The chickens are doing fine as are the turkeys.

While in the hospital I found a dux I like and want to raise, see miracles happen. I want some mandarin ducks.. but first I need to see how hard they are to keep around. It appears they run away from home a lot, like all good dux should
:hugs
Aha! They must have fixed your brain. I want Mandarins too... but lack the money to buy and house them.

:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya
:woot:woot
:thumbsupI knew you'd see the light some day!! I met a guy at the last swap meet I went to that said he has Mandarin ducks he sells for 200 dollars a pair. :thAnd I think that's reasonable.
I want mandarins too But I am not set up for that right now unless I got rid of my calls and that isn't happening.

aix_galericulata.jpg
D1AC130C-23B0-4F22-A474-0CE5A310313C_cx0_cy5_cw0_w1080_h608_s.jpg

Ralphie, good to see that you made it home. Mandarin's are a beautiful bird, but they are dux. They need water to be happy as in at least a small pond or pool. They are a cousin of our own wood duck, and they are very good flyers. They need to be pinioned or confined in a covered run.
There are reputable breeders who offer quality birds for much less than most of the feather merchants, but I believe that a special permit is required to keep non domestic waterfowl. The Mandarin falls within that class just as North American duck species do ?
Hopefully your frame of mind has improved in more familiar surroundings, as we would hate to find that Judy has been forced to sedate you for her own welfare ?

Back
Top Bottom