Surviving Minnesota!

I got my Hoover's catalogue today!

It has a picture of Holm on the cover( requires a little squinting). I think they have added breeds. Black and Cuckoo Marans.. But I am going to try and find a local breeder before I break down and buy them.

I think your doppelganger has nice hair, @holm25 !

I am proud to say that my last chicken will be leaving the sick ward today. She's been getting a bit peeved, but whatever. She'll get over it when she's in the cold again :)

Oh and your phone Ralphie shouldn't have pouped out! You must have done something to it.

Where do you guys (anyone here that buys the CX) where do you buy them from? Really want to get some this year. want to see what you all do and get looking into it.

Oh and your phone Ralphie shouldn't have pouped out!  You must have done something to it.

Where do you guys (anyone here that buys the CX) where do you buy them from? Really want to get some this year.  want to see what you all do and get looking into it.

I have always gotten my CXs from Hoovers with great results. Same with the Pekins I raised in the early 2000s

I recommend you spend the extra 15 cents or so to get all cockerels as you will end up with bigger birds at the end. The size difference is well worth 15 cents
Edit: it is actually 30 cents and still worth it

Last edited:
Except mine fought alot! My hens were sweet but the roos were a little more timid but they were huge!! Well worth the fighting. Which doesnt amount to anything since they cant jump..

Back
Top Bottom