Surviving Minnesota!

IMG_1666.JPG

This mornings sunrise.

I have one little meatie that hurt itself somehow. :( I kept him/her inside when I put the rest in the tractor. He’s in the poults’ old brooder. He was scooting around on his elbows and doing the splits.

I hobbled his legs together with vet tape, not expecting it to really help him. (Great stuff!) I really thought I was gonna have to cull him. I had to lift him up so he could drink, and move him around regularly so he wasn’t marinating his little backside in poop.

After several days, he is now short-stepping around like a prisoner headed to a court hearing, but he’s consistently standing up tall like a real chicken.:celebrateHe’s been doing this for a couple days and I’m thinking about removing the shackles or at the least giving him a little wider stance. I’m afraid he might re-injure himself though, if I go too fast.

Opinions?

I have one little meatie that hurt itself somehow. :( I kept him/her inside when I put the rest in the tractor. He’s in the poults’ old brooder. He was scooting around on his elbows and doing the splits.

I hobbled his legs together with vet tape, not expecting it to really help him. (Great stuff!) I really thought I was gonna have to cull him. I had to lift him up so he could drink, and move him around regularly so he wasn’t marinating his little backside in poop.

After several days, he is now short-stepping around like a prisoner headed to a court hearing, but he’s consistently standing up tall like a real chicken.:celebrateHe’s been doing this for a couple days and I’m thinking about removing the shackles or at the least giving him a little wider stance. I’m afraid he might re-injure himself though, if I go too fast.

Opinions?

I have no idea but it sounds like you know what you're doing so just follow your instincts. :)

Back
Top Bottom