Surviving Minnesota!

Lucky you..

I just have work planned for today.

I picked a bunch of mushrooms yesterday, trumpets, scaber stalk chanterelles. I left a bunch of others as I can only carry so many.

I found wild grapes I did not know existed, I was happily sucking on a few of the riper ones when I stepped into a hornets nest... running from hornets while stuck in grape vines and underbrush is not fun.

I got nailed 6-10 times (I thought).. but this morning I am finding more welts than that. All I know is it hurt and I felt on fire. Being old and dumb it took me a few stings to realize what I had done..

The worst one was a little Child of unwed parents that got between my shirt and my tummy... he got me several times.

I had a Broody in the shed/coop setting in a half dog kennel 3 ft of the floor. Some predator actual entered the coop/shed and took her.

I hope whatever it is starves to death after it eats my last bird.

What a roller coaster of emotions ralphie, so sorry for the crap hitting the fan for you.

Good Morning All~
Ralphie that is terrible news!

I had the honor of chaperoning our Benton County 4H poultry and rabbit kids at the State Fair. I am glad I didn't have to chaperone the large animal kids. Large animals = larger problems. Including later times to load animals. We were able to load any animal into a cage and walk it out of the fair grounds. There were even goats being loaded into oversized dog kennels.

My Benton County kids rocked the Interview and Showmanship divisions, we did ok in the animal division as well. @camboy77 's son was able to BS the judge into a Top 3 interview slot. @violinplayer also took home a top3 position as well.

Now to prepare for Hutchinson and New Ulm. As a parent of kids who show birds...how do I ensure I get a quality bird to show?

I offered to take the kids to New Ulm and let them show in the junior show....within seconds they named all the good birds and I was left with the 2nd stringers. how am I suppose to win with 2nd stringers? Such is Mom life....

Good Morning All~
Ralphie that is terrible news!

I had the honor of chaperoning our Benton County 4H poultry and rabbit kids at the State Fair. I am glad I didn't have to chaperone the large animal kids. Large animals = larger problems. Including later times to load animals. We were able to load any animal into a cage and walk it out of the fair grounds. There were even goats being loaded into oversized dog kennels.

My Benton County kids rocked the Interview and Showmanship divisions, we did ok in the animal division as well. @camboy77 's son was able to BS the judge into a Top 3 interview slot. @violinplayer also took home a top3 position as well.

Now to prepare for Hutchinson and New Ulm. As a parent of kids who show birds...how do I ensure I get a quality bird to show?

I offered to take the kids to New Ulm and let them show in the junior show....within seconds they named all the good birds and I was left with the 2nd stringers. how am I suppose to win with 2nd stringers? Such is Mom life....
I suggest shouting "DIBS" as loud as you can when you find a particularly nice one amongst your growouts next year...

Ayers pears . 7 quarts in the canner now .
DSCN0935.JPG

So I have a story that might make you smile . While up north we went to the church supper . Always good food . Anyway they always have a piano player but this time they also had a fiddle player . My first thought was is he going to play the Devil went down to Georgia ? :lol: Then it became clear to me that the Devil went down to Georgia because it is too cold up north for him . :gig

Back
Top Bottom