Surviving Minnesota!

Our annual hayride was a success. First we waited out a few rain showers, then we waited out a tornado warning. Finally, only 1 1/2 hours behind schedule we hit the road ways. There were 14 adults and 25 kids.... the kids played their annual game of kick the can after we returned. Lots of work goes into the planning and cleaning.....but the shear joy of the "city slickers" being able to pee in a cornfield is worth all the work. The joy on our Godchild's face when he was asked to co-pilot and ride in the buddy seat was amazing! He is 7 and was thrilled with the ability to be able to beep the horn. He was too scared to actually take the wheel. (I was a bit relieved by this as we had to use 2 racks to have enough room for everyone.)

Sold a few cull buff orpington and buckeyes. Still left with a crap ton of bantam males that are immature!!!!

Had surgery today, it all went really well, the doctor said I have very strong bones he actually had to switch saws at one point because the first wasn't working. I did have 2 small tears in my meniscus which he just stitched up. Overall the experience was pretty good. After not eating for 24 hours I am excited to finally get some soup
Still debating on Hutch or not I have some hens who should be looking really good by then, but I don't know if it's worth trying to get them tested.

Had surgery today, it all went really well, the doctor said I have very strong bones he actually had to switch saws at one point because the first wasn't working. I did have 2 small tears in my meniscus which he just stitched up. Overall the experience was pretty good. After not eating for 24 hours I am excited to finally get some soup
Still debating on Hutch or not I have some hens who should be looking really good by then, but I don't know if it's worth trying to get them tested.

I hope you heal fast. Let me check, I think MN may have lifted the test requirements due to antigen shortage

Back
Top Bottom