Surviving Minnesota!

Morning . Rain coming this afternoon plus colder this weekend . Ralphie is sharing the cold with us . Got tires on Janet's care yesterday . Went the cheap route . 4 tires from the Auto salvage yard / junk yard . $185 for a set of 4 B tread wear plus $100 to have them put on . So cheaper than a $1000 or so for new . Just a retiree pinching pennies .

Morning . Rain coming this afternoon plus colder this weekend . Ralphie is sharing the cold with us . Got tires on Janet's care yesterday . Went the cheap route . 4 tires from the Auto salvage yard / junk yard . $185 for a set of 4 B tread wear plus $100 to have them put on . So cheaper than a $1000 or so for new . Just a retiree pinching pennies .

The life of us oldsters..

Raining now. Leaves are turning brown. White fungi in the forecast.

not sure if it froze or not last night. I haven’t been to the garden to see.

The cukes were already dead as were the tomatoes. The pumpkins will be the final arbitrator as to whether we had frost or not.

Our forecast has 32 degrees for the next couple nights as our low. Snow on Saturday. Which is better than Togo forecast where there is 5 days of snow forecast. I am headed to Togo tomorrow for a couple days, I need to pull the dock brush hog the driveway and just get ready for winter.

Yes, I procrastinated a tad.

What warm? The high here was 55°F at 1:40 AM. It is currently 33°F and still dropping.

It was reasonably warm here for a couple of weeks, a couple of months ago... Sixteen degrees when I got up at 4am. Still sixteen. Maybe there’s an inch and a half on the ground so not as bad as it could be, but it’s still snowing.

I feel for you....

But.....

As the saying goes;

better you than me/us

I confess I feel the same, but I think it’s headed your way. We’ve got at least another day of it, but it doesn’t look like that’s gonna slow down the inexorable march eastward. It’s gotta be global warming... causing global cooling. It does that—don’t dare deny it or you’re a science-hating heretic.

It was reasonably warm here for a couple of weeks, a couple of months ago... Sixteen degrees when I got up at 4am. Still sixteen. Maybe there’s an inch and a half on the ground so not as bad as it could be, but it’s still snowing.
It is 18°F here this morning. With the 2 1/4" of Ralphie's white fungi through the night, I am up to 4" total and the spores are still coming down.

I found this:

4150E40B-0DAE-489E-929A-DBC3FFA38F55.png

It appears the banana belt will remain fungi free!!!!
Sure glad my name isn’t Holm...:lau:lau:lau:lau:lau

Back
Top Bottom