Surviving Minnesota!

So Ralphie is not the only one with bad luck . Saturday I was going to replace the shower valve - cartridge . DW requests sit was getting touchy about temperature adjustment .So watched youtube videos . Looked to not be hard . So take it out and found the brand . Went to 4 places in 3 towns nobody had Eljer . So bought a new Moen as all 4 places had them . So it took all day plus 2 trips to buy more pipe fittings . Got done about 5 . Let it sit overnight for glue to dry . Got the front cover on and tried it and had a leak that turned into a major spurt . So made a mess . Cut out bad joint and glued in another . No leak . Googled Eljer . It was bought out 2 times since I put that in about 97 . No longer offer shower valves . Still do toilets , tubs and other stuff .

Another day without seeing a deer, I saw swans, geese, squirrels and tweety birds.

This afternoon I switched to another stand. We call it Melissa’s stand. She had her heater in it but ran out of propane last night.

I decided I would use my spare Mr Buddy. The WW hexed me but saying “you’re going to take it without seeing if it will start”.

Women! It’s a heater, turn on the gas click the clicker and it works. But to be safe I took a lighter with me. Along with extra bottles of propane. I use a 20 gallon tank on my regular Mr. buddy. I grabbed 4 bottles so Melissa would have heat tomorrow.

It’s no biggie because I have one of those fancy valves so I can refill the small bottles. It works great.

Back to the hexing, I carried the bottles, my heater, Cindy and my shotgun out to Melissa’s stand. I used Cindy to lop off some branches that were in my way. Cindy is what I named my loppers. Cindy Loppers.

I crawled up into the stand, pulled my shotgun, heater and bottles up. I shut the trapdoor, and got comfy.

I had to fix some of the Saran Wrap. I wrap my deer stands with Saran Wrap. It blocks the wind and keeps accidental sounds down. It is clear to see through. When I see a deer, or if this year, I just shoot through the Saran Wrap. It doesn’t affect the bullet and the deer doesn’t mind if it goes through Saran Wrap first.

Back to the hex, I tried to light my spare heater, it refused to light. I changed bottles on it and tried again, it still refused to light. I used the lighter and it lit! However, it stopped burning as soon as I removed the lighter. It’s obvious, the WW broke my spare heater on purpose. So much for running my spare heater. I took the bottle off my spare so I could take it to the shed to de-hex it later.

I put a new bottle and used her heater, it lit right up and warmed the stand. After sitting there awhile I got a headache. I thought her heater might be leaking, but it was running fine. I had set the bottle off my spare heater about 10 inches to the front and side of her heater. My headache was getting worser. ( I use the term “worser” cause @BantyChooks likes that word, it’s in her fancy book).

I was minding my own business, watching for a deer to walk by. All of a sudden there is a foot long flame coming out the tub of the bottle I took off the hexed spare heater.

Now this would shake a normal person to see a propane bottle turn into a spontaneous flame thrower. I understand how the WW’s hexed work. So I picked up the bottle brought to my face to blow out the flame. This was futile, it appears I do not have the lung capacity to blow out a burning propane tank. Then it dawned on me, because of past experiences burning propane tanks tend to explode. I realized if it exploded it could ruin my extreme good looks and take my hand off.

So I quickly threw the flame throwing propane bottle out the Saran wrapped window. I maybe should have thrown it harder.

It bounced off the Saran Wrap and rolled towards my feet, still spewing flames. I was starting to worry. I calmly picked up the bottle, and pushed it through the Saran Wrap and into a snow drift, where the flame was extinguished.

Luckily for me, I had more Saran Wrap and duct tape so I could fix the window and watched as the woods turned dark without a deer anywhere to be seen.
Oh, Ralphie! I’m so glad you got the flame throwing heater out of your stand. Since you were unscathed, I couldn’t help but laugh as I read your post. Then I read it to DH, and was laughing so hard I barely got through it.

Back
Top Bottom