Surviving Minnesota!

LOL. Only you guys can I bounce such an idea off of.
You're too funny.

Well just Pm me if you all think I'm okay or not to meet for coffee at Bridgemans. LOL. If I don't hear back from anyone...then I know I need to work on my mental health. hahaha. That's already a given. Chickens, nutso labrador, 2 teenagers and a husband who may as well be a teenager. It gets a little bonkers around here. You're probably all safe anyways as its doubtful I could make it.
roll.png
sad.png

25 days until Ixtapa. Speaking of Mexico.

Sure, You can make it to Floodwood. it's like 4 towns away is all...If you don't count the small ones.

Bogtown- I am sorry you lost your Holly. I am glad she passed on her own. So difficult for us to have to do what needs to be done sometimes. I am sorry you lost her. I was just reading the other day on cows & bulls. Obviously not the same kind of breeding as chickens but they did caution about bulls passing things along to other cows. Don't know. Just came to mind when you mentioned it about roosters. I would need to look into it more I guess. Hope your flurry of basketball tournaments is over soon. So exhausting sometimes. But sure do love watching the kids out there! My season is soon to start. April and May are beyond chaos with all the dance stuff. A whirlwind is the word that describes life around here those months.

Bogtown- I am sorry you lost your Holly. I am glad she passed on her own. So difficult for us to have to do what needs to be done sometimes. I am sorry you lost her. I was just reading the other day on cows & bulls. Obviously not the same kind of breeding as chickens but they did caution about bulls passing things along to other cows. Don't know. Just came to mind when you mentioned it about roosters. I would need to look into it more I guess. Hope your flurry of basketball tournaments is over soon. So exhausting sometimes. But sure do love watching the kids out there! My season is soon to start. April and May are beyond chaos with all the dance stuff. A whirlwind is the word that describes life around here those months.

No worries Rhetts. It truly was a blessing. But I will miss her sweet coos and following me around like crazy-cutting me off on the path. LOL. Gosh she was charming.

I've been thinking about it more and I believe the cloaca is where the bloom is put on an egg and that is in itself an antibiotic. So a rooster going from one hen to another is an unlikely source. I'm thinking the fallopian tube infection or salpingitis is from too much laying --not enough rest periods early on so the area can gape open or lose elasticity and allow fecal matter to seep back--so actually a hatchery bird issue because birds are selected for egg production in hatcheries. Holly was a notorious double yolk layer. Even as a 3 year old hen last spring. She laid several double yolkers for me. She had oopher issues. 2. Diet issues (too fat and squeezing of the egg tract) which happened with my birds actually as a Newbie...and she was one of my first. She recovered from that though...if that was an issue because she gave me the eggs last spring. 3. that lung sneeze issue you and I talked about....lung tissue are very near the ovaries in a chicken. I don't think she died of salpingitis. I think I have two maybe three birds with it though. I think Holly was a cancer or lung issue.

Those are the things I read about in my article this morning.

OK I am back . We both got our limit of 4 rabbits . Good way to end the season .

Ralphie I do not think you will see a difference in the comb . Cushion is 2 copies each of rose and pea . Rose often hides single comb . Breeders in the know often use single comb to combat poor fertility in males caused by rose comb . That is why single comb pops up in Wyandote .

Back
Top Bottom