Surviving Minnesota!

I agree with Bogtown. Pictures of fresh fuzzy chicks please! Jerry what breed(s) are your chicks that are hatching?
I will get pictures tomorrow . I took a peek and counted 17 so far . Little bit of everything in there . Auto sexing EE some Legbar improvements a few Ameraucana and some brown leghorn mixes .

Yes, Norma Jean is my cow.  And yes those two hereford bull calves are growing so much!!  And yes, the mom with the very swollen behind is doing very well.  Her calf, Rooster, really gets into his suckling!  We call the shed/barn they are all in the Maternity Ward.  It is big enough that all 3 moms and calves are in there comfortably and each have there own large area.

I will get pictures tomorrow . I took a peek and counted 17 so far . Little bit of everything in there . Auto sexing EE some Legbar improvements a few Ameraucana and some brown leghorn mixes .

Jerry do you hatch in the GCF or do you use the little ones as hatchers?

Last edited:
Thanks for the eel pout education. :sick. Wow.

Rhetts, Bonnie Jean is the perfect name. She is just darling! Highlands are so cool looking. What are their temperaments like?

Ivie...how 'bout some SC pics??

Ralph, glad Andy made it ok. Are you bringing him in to watch his favorite TV shows?? ;)

Thanks for the eel pout education. :sick. Wow.

Rhetts, Bonnie Jean is the perfect name. She is just darling! Highlands are so cool looking. What are their temperaments like?

Ivie...how 'bout some SC pics??

Ralph, glad Andy made it ok. Are you bringing him in to watch his favorite TV shows?? ;)

I might have to go to Best Buy and get a TV for the shed for him...LOL

Rhetts Bonnie Jean is a beautiful name
1f60d.png

I don't know Ralphie. I don't even see it as an option here on the Reply Box here. Or maybe it's not expanded showing all the tools...?

pickled northern

In a one quart jar (use for measuring and storage)
1. Fill jar 3/4 full of fish pieces/cubes
2. Add one small onion sliced thinner
3. Add 1/3 cup sugar plus a little more
4. 2 TBSP of salt (sea salt is nice)
5. 2 Tsp of Pickling Spice
6. Fill jar with White Vinegar
Dump these contents out into a mixing bowl and stir to mix fish and ingredients several times. Place all contents back in Quart Jar and refrigerate for 24 hours. Fish is ready to be served.

we picked a 96 gram egg tonight. surely we thought it would be a double yolker so we cracked it open. there was one yolk in there but it was as big as 2! ive never seen a yolk that big!

Back
Top Bottom