Surviving Minnesota!

I have to show you how my Mama cave thingy is working! I am amazed, and showing this picture as much as I can.
Love it, love it, love it! I think it is such a wonderful way to raise chicks. Look how contented they are, and no red light so you can see how do very cute they are in all their wonderful colors! They can go in to warm up, come out and forage... just like under Mama...wonderful!

CLuckies it is. I never thought I would be one to use these things. BUT the chicks seem more content than under the heat lamp.

I have another on order and will start another cage tomorrow. I can see I will need to make my next one lower though. This one is ok, but too high for new borns.

I am having a very bad feeling about todays hatch.

Not one pip yet. No noise, no rocking eggs.

I have a feeling that darn Farm Innovators actually did spike on me. I was hoping the 103 was the probe touching the element. It might have been the real thing...

But I will try to think positively......I hope.
Awe I hope not :/ I was reading reviews on the farm innovator incubators (the one we are trying too for our first time) and saw a lot of people mention a spike up to 105. I've got my top set at 98.0F because the thermometer we put inside is reading 38.0C with it set there. It was way to high for me when I trusted the top temp gage. I'm going to have see if they make a thermometer that alarms if it spikes. Fingers crossed for you that they start pipping tonight.

It's a cold one out there tonight, stay warm everyone :)

Last edited:
Morning my frozen friends! It's 30 (above 0) here this morning. But we may get ice & snow over the weekend. Ya'll know how that inch or two of snow strikes fear in our southern hearts!
Seems Ralph is working on the ultimate turkey cross. He may have broken the turkey calculator in the process. :lau. Yep, us on the turkey thread are looking forward to a summer of obscure turkey identification.

Back
Top Bottom