Surviving Minnesota!

I'll go back and read, but just wanted to say.... I got my first egg today since November 17th! woot, woot!
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
clap.gif
My Fi, my Golden Comet
D.gif
I looked on the hen cam today, 3 times I didn't see Fi, then all the girls were in the henhouse, then just Fi, I was hopeful!

It has been 'warm-ish' here today. 30 degrees or so and the chickens took full advantage. My dogs are getting spring fever though. bonkers all night! I just finished playing fetch up and down the stairs with them for 20 minutes to help take the edge off. They are now happily munching rawhides.

Ralphie all your hatching and incubating talk has me really burning to get my incubator out and running... but i dont even have anything to put in it yet!

I do need to know a few more thing before I am ready to start.
1) Still looking for candler opinions
2) what hygrometer do you use?

Klop Klop, I like the sitting dog, can you find hen silouettes to place around her? or use the standing one and put hen silouettes around her? maybe something like this? you can take out the Guinea hen if need be...

I use a cool lite for candling .
After looking at the Cool-lite and then at a few other candlers on amazon i dont see why I couldnt make a plastic ring (I'm envisioning electrical tape over something rigid) that would fit over the end of my super bright 2AA LED maglight. It would essentially do the same thing and is probably brighter than those other lights.

I should have done a little more research before being a pest asking....

Back
Top Bottom