Surviving Minnesota!

Well we walked over to neighbors place this morning and did some hunting and holy moly are there ever a lot of toms. We had 4 different toms going at once and then a little while Lester there were two more. Never shot any... We accidently scared a big guy that was in hot pursuit of our calls lol. He was moving quick but my grandpa moved and he boot scooted back to hiding.

Well today was a busy day... We went hunting, Sorted cows and got them all on pasture, Fixed a culvert, Burnt a ditch (fun fact of the day. We are all a bunch of pyromaniacs), Butchered two birds and now I am laying in the recliner for an hour before we go back out hunting...

What kinds?
Just some sex link male for .50 a piece to replace some of the Lost meat bird chicks and two more buff Brahmas to bring me back to four. I didn’t go over what we initially planned to order by adding these guys, if you don’t count the 6 adult hens we will be ‘rescuing’ today.

I promised to stop buying fowl and now to move onto pig shopping.

I’m finding my pair of little turkettes to have so much personality and be so just calm/chill compared to a lot of the chicks.

A6F1FBAA-4261-471B-872E-C20172B66615.jpeg
EB4AC104-AA6C-4AC0-A7BA-B82D8A25BCAB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom