Surviving Minnesota!

Ole is patiently waiting for the great turn out with the cows. If anyone is looking for a good SimAngus bull come August let me know lol. He is puppy dog sweet and comes to his name. Never misses a cow and has some beautiful calves. Weighs around 2300... He makes my brother look like a shrimp lol

E3F3505B-C6FD-4A37-A236-DB8BB4F73BD1.jpeg

So I got my six mystery hens on Sunday. I’m guessing buff Silkie, barred rock, three Easter eggers and a buff orp?
00536A87-A4F5-4089-B71F-3611FC99A44E.jpeg

I’m stoked about this picture because this is their first time allowed outside in at least 6 months, so they are getting to do their chicken thing.

They lead me to some new questions...

Do silkies always lay little quail eggs?
This ones only redeeming quality is she will sit on the eggs and keep them warm in winter and let you collect without a fuss. (I’m not a silkie fan)

And the orp? Has a lack of her back feathers. According to last owners they said she was picked on by the other girls but the area is clean and has new feathers working out, so do I need to do anything to treat the area?

Oh and is there a good reference to start figuring out the difference between breeds, like Cuckoo Maran or barred rock, or Arucana and EE?

Thank you. Hope you all enjoy the gorgeous day. :)

So I got my six mystery hens on Sunday. I’m guessing buff Silkie, barred rock, three Easter eggers and a buff orp?
View attachment 1369206
I’m stoked about this picture because this is their first time allowed outside in at least 6 months, so they are getting to do their chicken thing.

They lead me to some new questions...

Do silkies always lay little quail eggs?
This ones only redeeming quality is she will sit on the eggs and keep them warm in winter and let you collect without a fuss. (I’m not a silkie fan)

And the orp? Has a lack of her back feathers. According to last owners they said she was picked on by the other girls but the area is clean and has new feathers working out, so do I need to do anything to treat the area?

Oh and is there a good reference to start figuring out the difference between breeds, like Cuckoo Maran or barred rock, or Arucana and EE?

Thank you. Hope you all enjoy the gorgeous day. :)
The 'orp' looks more like a red sexlink.

Back
Top Bottom