Surviving Minnesota!

We were at -20 this morning, what's a degree or two at these temps, wind was not an issue I don't think.
How lucky are you to have Sentry!!
Did you want Chirpy?
He likes being held and sitting on your arms.. hands or whatever.. but he looks like he had a bad hair day.
2C8B6644-73F0-4A0D-B319-D18AB70701F3.jpeg
12D17056-EBD0-4C2B-8EDF-1690A91F9081.jpeg
3A005A29-130F-4750-AC2B-6ADA15064D04.jpeg
5F57AEFF-C80E-4891-A4C0-E7AD07FED981.jpeg

When the cold comes I like to be on top of the clean coop game too, layers.

I’m a fan of the straw on the floor too in the winter. Fluffing that our thick. It has made for a cozier coop during these snaps. And the birds keep it fluffy looking for oat kernels.

Thanks Erli. It’s hard to believe a life without sweet Sentry. TFred set us up good with that one. He’s a true romantic and has some rooster gifting skills I’ve never seen matched with my previous... and I’ve had some nice boys...

They are beautiful Vicky.

The kids will be excited for those babies, I'm sure.

Our kids get out of school early today. Sports have been cancelled. I'm okay with that. SNOW Day!!! I better up my hot chocolate supplies. DS has been asked to do some work at the resort he works at in the summer. Some snow removal and ice road maintenance I'm sure.

Loving the snowblower path to the coop. The banks are officially hip level right now. Getting deep. Will be deeper after this Friday & Saturday night. It will be like walking in a tunnel before too long.

Let my feathered friends out into the run this AM. Temperatures cooperated for that. 4 degrees.

My official unofficial weather guess, is Maybe...

I only looked at radar and not winds aloft, but I think Jerry could have it worse than us...

Unless the system stalls out or there is a large High above and west of us.

Its moving fairly fast and the activity looks like it could slip south and east of us...:fl:fl

Back
Top Bottom